(GDR3 INFO YOU NEED) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey mase! after installing and finishing with all the steps in the Preview app, we need to go to settings>check for updates. Right?
Taking ages. Ahh nevermind... just as i finished this sentence download started. Wohoooooo.

It appears that unlocking via sdk is not important. We can skip that part. ;)

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
so.. If I install it, I won't be able to install nokia's bittersweet update?? If so, I guess I'll wait until it's released.. please, someone quick reply this, =p

edit: what does bittersweet will add besides gdr3?

I understood that this gdr3 does not have bittersweet, but when bittersweet is live, we would be able to install it, no?

look at wp central post:

Any catches?

There are only a few caveats users face by participating

This only includes the OS update, not device specific firmware i.e. this is not Nokia's 'Bittersweet shimmer'; users should remain with their current firmware and will not lose it
You can only move forward, there is no “going back” to earlier releases
You need at least OS version 8.0.10322.71 to participate
You will continue to receive the official update (and firmware) when they become publicly available, so there is no missing out of features, nor will you ever be behind
This will void your device warranty

Chief_Adu

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
so.. If I install it, I won't be able to install nokia's bittersweet update?? If so, I guess I'll wait until it's released.. please, someone quick reply this, =p

False, this is just a preview.

I guess it will add bug and improvement fixes based on user feedback :)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Bittersweet is just Nokia's part of the update when it comes out officially. This will not affect your ability to download the official version including Nokia features when they become available.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site

From my understanding when the official update it release it will update over this developer preview, which will add Bittersweet when that happens.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Before I do this I just want to be sure, I can restore it back using the Nokia Retail utility, correct? Obviously data would be lost if I do. I just want to be sure I can restore it if I have issues.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
just got this all installed on my 920 fine, all went smooth as, but was there meant to be anything different about the tile numbers/layout, as cant see anything different with those, but got the rotation, close multitasking, drive mode etc etc :confused:

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Things I've noticed...

- slight changes to data sense settings options
- reminders sound can now be changed
- phone storage break down is loadsss better and much much faster!
- new keyboard setting to switch back to letters after typing an emoticon

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
GDR3 installed and working my my 8X. When it first updated, my email was not syncing. A quick restart fixed that. All the mentioned updates are there and working with no issue.

The phone storage set up is much better. Now you can force delete temp files and jump the screen necessary to manage items that are using storage.

I hope MS keeps the updates coming like this. 2-3 updates per year keeps us hoping for the next one.

Here are the items still on my list:
- Wireless printing
- Notification center
- More sound/volume controls (separate media vs phone)
- Merge WP and Win8 stores
- VPN access

Am I missing anything?

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Decided to time the gears for benefit of others. Gears were done in 5 minutes sharp. Now data migration has started. Lets see how much time it gonna take.

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The app installation was quick (about the same as you report) on my 8X. Data migration probably took 10 minutes. It also ate 30% of my battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss