(GDR3 INFO YOU NEED) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: (Common Questions Answered) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

Just waiting for it to finish preparing to install.

Roland

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Swype is one of the main things I first missed jumping from Android to WP. However, WP's predictive text has pretty much satiated that former craving.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
updated my lumia 920 to gdr3. its a hd screen as I know. it was rummuored and seen in a leaked video that lumia 920 will get 6 small tiles on screen or one large tile with small screen size. I could not adjust them . they are still the same. any idea is this a bug or nokia update will bring this feature ?

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Those are just dumb rumors. The 6 small tiles are ONLY for 1080p screens... In other words for future models...

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Had a chance to test Driving Mode on my way back to my Office after lunch. Even had a txt msg come in. Worked perfectly. I set to ignore texts and send a reply letting them know I was driving.

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: (Common Questions Answered) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

Guys, can we please just minimize the 'Now downloading', 'Now Updating', 'Gears Window', 'Done Updating' comments and go straight to initial impressions?

These comments will just flood the thread with the same comments instead of useful and more sane ones.

I hope everyone would understand and agree. Thanks!

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Three questions:

#1) Can this be installed on more than one unlocked device using the same Dev account?

#2) What happens if I update a device to GDR3, then reset the device and reboot using a different MS account?

#3) Will this wipe out any Nokia Cinemagraphs on my device during the update? BTW, if you're a Cinemagraph fan (like me) you can "save" them by sharing via Tap&Share to another device before updates.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Swype is one of the main things I first missed jumping from Android to WP. However, WP's predictive text has pretty much satiated that former craving.

I love the predictive text on WP, I just wish I didn't have to "re-teach" it every time I updated or switched to a new device. Having that file, and WiFi passwords move with me as went from device to device would be pretty awesome.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah since we have three different tile sizes possible it seems redundant to try to make the medium tile sizes smaller to squish more in sideways, that just makes them harder to see. If you want more across just utilize the small squares. It's not about packing as much as you can on the screen, it's about arranging properly glance-able data. This update does not give you a physically larger screen. :winktongue:

shakermaker41

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
This is totally not a big deal, but one thing I noticed was that "Find My Phone" in settings no longer erroneously reported as being "off" despite the contrary. Not a big deal but it always kinda bugged me.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Updated my Samsung Ativ S. It was smooth though it took a while to get to the migrate data to my phone stage. But overall its smooth and also yay for progress bar on the gears :)>.<

Aldwin1999

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I will not, because im afraid of bricking my new htc x8 like the gdr2 update xD ill wait untill people with the htc x8 has updated their own phone lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos