(GDR3 INFO YOU NEED) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I sure hope Screen Rotation is not it's own entry under settings. Microsoft needs to get settings organized because that list getting to be too long. There's a bunch of stuff in there that could be grouped under fewer categories.

It is by itself in the settings though i expect that to change in the official release.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean connecting to stereos so you can control your device from the stereo? Most stereos that do that through USB have propriety software to accomplish that.

Yes, that is what i mean.

The propriety problem is on MS' side. Most cars with usb audio controls and input available work fine with android/ios. There are reports of people unable to even charge their phone via their car's usb port because of some odd incompatibility issue.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that is what i mean.

The propriety problem is on MS' side. Most cars with usb audio controls and input available work fine with android/ios. There are reports of people unable to even charge their phone via their car's usb port because of some odd incompatibility issue.

Bluetooth is fairly universal. USB support is def. designed to work with iOS or/and Android specifically. Many will only support iOS devices (my Alpine USB support works great with Apple products but not at all with Android or WP.)

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So what if I install this and then decide to sell the phone? Will it still have the preview edition on it despite the fact that whoever buys it may not have a developer account w/ MS?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So what if I install this and then decide to sell the phone? Will it still have the preview edition on it despite the fact that whoever buys it may not have a developer account w/ MS?

This is a very good question. Logic would say that they would maintain this update but wouldn't be able to download any future preview edition updates. Things are always logical though.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth... after the update, I now notice that audio pipes directly through to my PC that I have my phone paired with. It didn't do this automatically before. VERY cool!!! Now if one of my custom text tones pops on the phone, it will automatically pipe it through to my PC. NICE!!!!

Can't wait to see how it works with my car. I hope it doesn't disappoint!!!

Before I could only do calls and music streaming via bluetooth, now I can do speech commands as well whereas before my phone couldn't hear the TellMe commands because the car mic wouldn't pass it through. So yay improvement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb