(GDR3 INFO YOU NEED) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
First off, for those who didn't see the article: Get GDR3 today: Microsoft announces Windows Phone Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Central

Get this app to update: Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

So who is going to be updating their WPs today? For us AT&T 920 users, it is like getting two major updates in one week! I just signed up for App Studio program and started downloading the necessary files to developer-unlock my 920.

Call this Ambassador excited!

[WARN]This will most likely void your warranty until the official update hits your phone[/WARN]

[INFO]Quick info:
-You will still have Amber features on your phone
-You will not get Bittersweet with this
-You can not downgrade (User Toink is reporting that he/she successfully downgraded to GDR2 using Nokia Care Suite. Tread VERY carefully considering MS said you will not be able to do this.)
-You will be able to accept the official update without losing your data
[/INFO]

To get the update:
1. Go here to register for Windows Phone App Studio: Windows Phone App Studio | Microsoft
2. Install this app to update: Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
For a video that describes the info in more detail, go here: Video: Microsoft

View attachment 46790View attachment 46794
View attachment 46796

[INFO]Features noticed to be working:
-Close from multitask screen
-Rotation Lock (though not the most convenient)
-Drive Mode present
-Custom call and text tones for each contact
-Richer email attachment support
[/INFO]

Changes/Updates other users are reporting:
-From user luk3ja
  1. slight changes to data sense settings options
  2. reminders sound can now be changed
  3. phone storage break down is loadsss better and much much faster!
  4. new keyboard setting to switch back to letters after typing an emoticon
-Some users reporting better bluetooth support for car stereos

For articles from WPCentral regarding further GDR3 update information, check out these articles:
-http://www.windowscentral.com/download-pr...gdr3-right-now
-http://www.windowscentral.com/get-gdr3-to...iew-developers
-http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-o...-8-gdr3-update

PLEASE POST ANY ISSUES OR FEATURES YOU NOTICE. I WILL PLACE THEM IN THIS POST.

Will I get my warranty back after final release ?its confirm ?

thoughtfix

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Warning and possible bug with GDR3:
Phone: AT&T Lumia 1020 on T-Mobile. Everything worked fine after Access Point was installed on Amber.

Since GDR3, I am unable to send and receive MMS or group text messages.
Sending says "Can't Send: Media Content In Message."
Receiving says "Get media content now (1kb)" but clicking on it does not retrieve the content.

This is in an LTE area and everything worked properly until GDR3. Internet access works. In "settings -> access point" I created another APN manually (same settings as they worked before) and mms still failed to work but LTE internet worked. In "settings -> cellular" I added an mms apn. Again - same known-working settings. Same results. Soft reset (power+down volume for 15 seconds) had no effect before or after changing these settings.

Next troubleshooting steps: hard reset. Failing that, I'll try to flash down to Amber. I am downloading the updated Nokia Care Suite that apparently recognizes my phone but that's taking forever.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Warning and possible bug with GDR3:
Phone: AT&T Lumia 1020 on T-Mobile. Everything worked fine after Access Point was installed on Amber.

Since GDR3, I am unable to send and receive MMS or group text messages.
Sending says "Can't Send: Media Content In Message."
Receiving says "Get media content now (1kb)" but clicking on it does not retrieve the content.

This is in an LTE area and everything worked properly until GDR3. Internet access works. In "settings -> access point" I created another APN manually (same settings as they worked before) and mms still failed to work but LTE internet worked. In "settings -> cellular" I added an mms apn. Again - same known-working settings. Same results. Soft reset (power+down volume for 15 seconds) had no effect before or after changing these settings.

Next troubleshooting steps: hard reset. Failing that, I'll try to flash down to Amber. I am downloading the updated Nokia Care Suite that apparently recognizes my phone but that's taking forever.

MMS and Data works for me on a 925 on T-Mobile w/ GDR3 Preview so that rules out the OS bug. Could be a temporary issue with your network/phone.

thoughtfix

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Same symptoms with a hard reset after installation of Access Point. Internet, but no MMS. Any other RM-877 AT&T Lumia 1020 owners on T-Mobile using GDR3 today? Does your MMS work?

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I also sent out group text don't seen to be a problem like the custom notification for text message :eek:rly:
and closing out apps with a X great beats having to always hit the back button. it seems to be a little faster also opening apps,

Last edited:

Aldwin1999

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are there any updates about htc x8 problems? Like the phone bricking, stuck on the gears, etc...? Im just scared to update because the gdr2 update bricked my phone :/

thoughtfix

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Another soft reset and more time spent syncing and eventually it cleared itself out. I had to receive an MMS message before it let me send one. Odd. In any event, it seems to be back in business. Thanks guys.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Another soft reset and more time spent syncing and eventually it cleared itself out. I had to receive an MMS message before it let me send one. Odd. In any event, it seems to be back in business. Thanks guys.

Great to hear! I swear, some times software issues seem random as heck...I am having issues with an old Nexus 7 right now that are racking my brain.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope that this ultimately turns into a way to get more "nightly" type updates. It wouldn't be for most people, but I would enjoy it.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Bug: I set a custom text sound and it worked, but it seems that once you open a text session, the replies you get from that point on in the same session play the dfault text sound instead of the one you set. Can anyone confirm?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers