(GDR3 INFO YOU NEED) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

imbasaurus

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
[INFO]-You will not get Bittersweet with this
[/INFO]

correct me if i'm wrong understanding this : you will only get bittersweet shimmer once the official GDR3 comes out, then you can update with nokia's firmware?

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Bug: I set a custom text sound and it worked, but it seems that once you open a text session, the replies you get from that point on in the same session play the dfault text sound instead of the one you set. Can anyone confirm?

Don't think that's a bug per se. It's been like that since WP7. If you're in convo view, you get a different alert. The only time you hear your selected tone for sms is if you are not in the conversation view. Not sure if Microsoft wants to change that for GD3.

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who has installed GDR3 on ATT 920 GDR2 ROM please let me know if the Datasense is available, ATT Logo is gone, Network allows to select between 2G / 3G / LTE

Ventsyslav Raikov

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone notice that the "Tell me when new updates are available" option is gone from the "Phone Update" section?
I also noticed some change in regional settings but still cannot figure out what exactly is changed. My region's decimal separator is ','(comma) but an expense tracking app I am using(Expense Spy) was showing the numeric keybord with a dot and still working, now it comes out with a comma...

Last edited:

alien_ipis

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
custom text message sound can now be created... save it on the ringtone folder (phone). go to settings ringtones+sound select New text or IM - you'll see it there

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who has installed GDR3 on ATT 920 GDR2 ROM please let me know if the Datasense is available, ATT Logo is gone, Network allows to select between 2G / 3G / LTE
If someone wants to use this update on ATT Lumia 920 with GDR2 please find the following.

1. Still no Datasense Available
2. Still no option to choose between the Network 2G / 3G / LTE
3. ATT Logo is still there.

As no one seems to have informed it I am just making a post for the same.

P.S. Had to update my phone to find it out....Sucks!!!!

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
How's battery life so far? I know it's hardly been a day since it was released but any noticeable improvements in battery life?

s_madhekar

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Two observations :
1. In Phone Update : " Tell me when updates are available on my phone "....is now missing .
2. E-mail attachments : When trying to attach any file to e-mail , it goes to photos. Actually option should be there to attach documents(via office).

Anybody else have observed this.

Darth litku

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Two observations :
1. In Phone Update : " Tell me when updates are available on my phone "....is now missing .
2. E-mail attachments : When trying to attach any file to e-mail , it goes to photos. Actually option should be there to attach documents(via office).

Anybody else have observed this.

Mine is also missing... does it mean that if there is an update before the official GDR3, the update will always be pushed to our unit?

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday i Updated my 620 to GDR3 (It's more Test Device anyway so i was not really Scared!), took about 60 Minutes to Complete.

So far so good all New Features seem to work good and the Device is very Smooth (Bit more than with GDR2/Amber).
I would also have Prefered Swipe down to Close Apps like in W8 but i can live with the X also...
A bit dissaponting to not have Option for Attching Office Docs directly in E-Mail! :-( Would be great for Buisness!

Has Anyone tried to Update mor than one Device with one App Center Account?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded the app and agreed to everything and 40+/- min later I had GDR3.
I didn't register or pay $19.

I do have an unlocked Lumia 810 but it's not a "developers unlocked phone"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb