(GDR3 INFO YOU NEED) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

P40L0

Banned
May 25, 2013
Visit site
How's battery life so far? I know it's hardly been a day since it was released but any noticeable improvements in battery life?
Lumia 920.
I've been using it for 1 hour and an half straight (changing settings, ringtones, trying apps and even 3D games, in a very light room with high auto-brightness) and battery dropped from 100% to only 95%, VERY impressed so far ;)

JainPrateek

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
[INFO]-You will not get Bittersweet with this
[/INFO]

correct me if i'm wrong understanding this : you will only get bittersweet shimmer once the official GDR3 comes out, then you can update with nokia's firmware?

I guess this is what it means. else no point updating. and they are two totally separate updates too.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Official release won't be coming out that soon.

Since most WPs are Nokia and MS is about to buy the cell phone business, you won't see a delay from the manufacturer side. As far as carriers, I don't really think they care one way or another (at least in the US)

Ok, I gave in, it was too easy not to do it, it's just finished updating and it only took about 35 minutes. At least I've put my developer account to some use, it's been sitting dormant for some time. Loving the rotation lock, can now read in bed. I also love the fact that you can lock it in either mode and left or right side - brilliant. Now to set some new tones!

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Updated my O2 Lumia 720 Amber last night to Gdr3 no issues, all data, screen layout and apps left untouched, the new Bluetooth drive option is fantastic and works a charm, the phone even speaks when a set device is detected telling you the setting is now active, excellent update all round

Sent from my RM-885_eu_euro1_290 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131014_0003.png
    wp_ss_20131014_0003.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 9

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only person left on earth who hadn't upgraded to GDR3? LOL.

Really see no point in doing so, since I won't use any of the features anyway! Yeah, not even rotation lock or closing apps in multitasking.

P40L0

Banned
May 25, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only person left on earth who hadn't upgraded to GDR3? LOL.

Really see no point in doing so, since I won't use any of the features anyway! Yeah, not even rotation lock or closing apps in multitasking.
GDR3 is significantly smoother and snappier than GDR2, especially in games.

Go for it ;)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know how the new tones feature work? why I can't choose a tone for my whatsapp messages? thanks

There aren't custom tones for individual third party apps yet. The big change with tones is being able to have different tones for each contact.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Installed on my 928. Seems quicker, love the ability to close apps from multitasking screen. Lost sound in games and videos, unless I plug a headset in and then unplug it, in which case it works again until I switch screens. Ringer and alarm still work fine. All in all I think it'll be a welcome and beneficial update!

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I too have noticed that games are smoother. Modern Combat 4 works a little better now, and isn't as frustrating to play. N.O.V.A. 3 is still terrible, but that's because it's a bad/lazy port on Gameloft's part. The entire OS in general definitely feels a lot smoother. It's like Christmas for us AT&T 920 users because we JUST got Amber and now GDR3 lol (preview anyway)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro