(GDR3 INFO YOU NEED) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Waiting to here more from att 920 customers to see if any bugs before i download gdr3. seem like alot of bugs for a Ms update any in att having issues?

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Is there any changes to other storage with gdr3?

That's not true, there are some changes worth noting. The 'Other' Category is effectively a non-issue now since the standard phone storage applet provides more categories showing where data is being used, eliminating the need to include an 'Other' category. You can also delete Temporary files or at least, start the background process to remove them.

E-mail and maps are the new additions but there's also some changes to how the apps category is calculated. Previously, apps would only tell you the total size of all the installations. Now, it also includes any associated data (which presumably would have been included in 'Other').

Here's a view of my storage in the stock applet and in HTC's Make More Space. Note the difference in the reporting of the size of apps. It looks like the the phone storage takes into account other data the apps use and store.

wp_ss_20131016_0002.png wp_ss_20131016_0001.png

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
That's not true, there are some changes worth noting. The 'Other' Category is effectively a non-issue now since the standard phone storage applet provides more categories showing where data is being used, eliminating the need to include an 'Other' category. You can also delete Temporary files or at least, start the background process to remove them.

E-mail and maps are the new additions but there's also some changes to how the apps category is calculated. Previously, apps would only tell you the total size of all the installations. Now, it also includes any associated data (which presumably would have been included in 'Other').

Here's a view of my storage in the stock applet and in HTC's Make More Space. Note the difference in the reporting of the size of apps. It looks like the the phone storage takes into account other data the apps use and store.

View attachment 47099 View attachment 47098
I see some changes but not the ones many are looking for. Sure its more detailed where that other storage is but its still there! We were loosing phone storage and we knew it was going somewhere( other storage) . What we want is to NOT lose that phone storage or a way to clear it .there was always a temporary file clean up but it never touched that other storage ok gdr3 kinda shows us a bit more detailed but like me im on about 10 GB of other I just want it gone not just for gdr3 to just spread it around to "look" like its fixed it gone!

lexus232

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Overally GDR3 feels like a great update. I like new features and I think I like the X even more than I would like a swiping gesture for closing an app. Can't wait for official Bittersweet update to be released with all the present issues fixed.

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone tested the update with a 1020 ATT? I'm afraid to get it with the 1020 cause no one has commented about getting the update with the 1020.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i will double check tomorrow and take some more in the light, but am pretty sure its got a yellow tinge even when i look at my full res skydrive uploads, it might just be that i am coming from an nokia 808, and have only had the 920 about 4 days, so need to adjust....

but when i take the shot it freezes it momentarily, and it looks great, sharp and neutral toned, then the preview kicks in of the processed file and you can instantly see the softening and the yellow cast on the photo compared to the instant it took the image, i appreciate that previews arent anything to go off, but have you not seen the "Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update" thread on here with pics people have been uploading comparing them, namely #153 - this isnt to do with low res previews

You realize that's just for the low-res view-on-the-phone preview, right? If you upload the pic to SkyDrive or something else, they won't be yellow.

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: (Common Questions Answered) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

I want to but I want to know if it breaks anything on the 1020 like the cameras.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: (Common Questions Answered) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

I want to but I want to know if it breaks anything on the 1020 like the cameras.
I know going to bush gardens this weekend last thing I need is a bricked phone just for an update want to here more from att customers and looking to here if other storage was actually fixed. I can't seem to find good answers on this issue!

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Its been more than 30 hours after I updated my L72O and now my phone feels really smooth and snappy. after amber it was always kind of felt heavy or laggy to use, now its much better, my battery is getting stable too ,,prior to gdr 3 its charge rate was dropped to 22 30% but now its charging at 40%...I managed to clear around 536 mbs of temporary files through storage check for the first time....all in all its been a good update with no bugs or issues found....

calanga

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Its been more than 30 hours after I updated my L72O and now my phone feels really smooth and snappy. after amber it was always kind of felt heavy or laggy to use, now its much better, my battery is getting stable too ,,prior to gdr 3 its charge rate was dropped to 22 30% but now its charging at 40%...I managed to clear around 536 mbs of temporary files through storage check for the first time....all in all its been a good update with no bugs or issues found....

My L920...gdr3 excellent update

sudhindra9

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I've updated to GDR3. I need some clarity regarding how far the custom tones work. Can you add a custom tone for toast notifications from apps? Can customs tones be set separately for each app like in the case of contacts?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I've updated to GDR3. I need some clarity regarding how far the custom tones work. Can you add a custom tone for toast notifications from apps? Can customs tones be set separately for each app like in the case of contacts?

Not as of right now. Developers can now have a different notification sound for their app. You don't have control over that though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)