(GDR3 INFO YOU NEED) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
When is the general/public release of GDR3 for those who didn't do the developers release if it? Have I overlooked where it says, or is there an estimated date? Thanks!

Edit: I just went ahead and did the developers update after all. Lol.

Last edited:

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Installing now!!! On the gears.

Very easy process so far. Im tempted to hard reset after just because i like starting from scratch with everything new :) and its a good excuse to remove apps i dont use but dont want to delete lol

Wow whilst posting this, gears part is over. :)

Lumia928Guy

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
It looks like some people have already updated their Lumia 928 to GDR3...but when I check my own Lumia 928, it says there isn't an update available. Does anyone know what's going on??

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It looks like some people have already updated their Lumia 928 to GDR3...but when I check my own Lumia 928, it says there isn't an update available. Does anyone know what's going on??

You have to have a developer account. You can do it for free. Read around in the forum or search the news in the main page of wpcentral to find the steps.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
If you folllow the links in the majority of the gdr3 posts, you can login with outlook details and register for an app studio account which is free and then you cab use the preview for developers app to enable the developer preview download.

I love it so far, im looking forward to seeing how it progresses

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Updated to GDR3 yesterday. The whole process took around 30 mins from downloading to updating. Surprisingly it took more time in preparing to install then installing (spinning gears) the update itself. Started at 75% battery and ended up with being 65% left. So far so good but currently I'm not liking the battery drain at all.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I can't get the 'Preview for Developers' to do it's thing...
But there are no updates??
htc8X Vodafone Australia.

wp_ss_20131028_0001[1].pngwp_ss_20131028_0002[1].png

Last edited:

ocimek

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
There is an issue with my phone (L720) after updating it to gdr3..i can't turn it off..when i press the power button, it restarts instead shutting down..is it just me or do you get the same issue? How to fix it? Thanks for advice..
Another issue, i still cant edit an email when i want to forward it or am i doing it wrong?
Other than that, it is a nice update to have..

pmcguigan

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: (Common Questions Answered) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

I updated my 920 when this came out and since then have not been able to sync my phone using usb. I believe I used to be able to connect the phone to the computer using usb and access the media files on the phone. Is that correct - cant really remember now.
However, now when I connect via usb, nothing happens. Even the Windows Phone Desktop app for Win8.1 does not pick up my 920. Am I the only one?
Cheers

ivo03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: (Common Questions Answered) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

I had the same issue with Win 8.1 although I'm on GDR2. I just had to switch to the original Nokia cable and it worked...

I updated my 920 when this came out and since then have not been able to sync my phone using usb. I believe I used to be able to connect the phone to the computer using usb and access the media files on the phone. Is that correct - cant really remember now.
However, now when I connect via usb, nothing happens. Even the Windows Phone Desktop app for Win8.1 does not pick up my 920. Am I the only one?
Cheers

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
There is an issue with my phone (L720) after updating it to gdr3..i can't turn it off..when i press the power button, it restarts instead shutting down..is it just me or do you get the same issue? How to fix it? Thanks for advice..
Another issue, i still cant edit an email when i want to forward it or am i doing it wrong?
Other than that, it is a nice update to have..

soft reset...if not, then do factory reset.

Manikanta Reddy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if this is a new feature, but I have noticed that when I move tiles in start screen ,the moving tile is actually translucent, i can see through it. Found this just now ,after updating to gdr3.(was this already there in pre gdr3???)

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Its been more than 30 hours after I updated my L72O and now my phone feels really smooth and snappy. after amber it was always kind of felt heavy or laggy to use, now its much better, my battery is getting stable too ,,prior to gdr 3 its charge rate was dropped to 22 30% but now its charging at 40%...I managed to clear around 536 mbs of temporary files through storage check for the first time....all in all its been a good update with no bugs or issues found....
How about after you turn off your phone, doesnt it restart itself?

JediTWang

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb