Share your experience

TRICSIO

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Share your experience (positive or negative) with the community, post your obstacles and workarounds. Your involvement is always appreciated.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Things I've noticed...

- slight changes to data sense settings options
- reminders sound can now be changed
- phone storage break down is loadsss better and much much faster!
- new keyboard setting to switch back to letters after typing an emoticon

Last edited:

Evangelosb

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Only one file per email?
attach lets you select multiple photos.
If you start from office hub you can select one file and then you can add multiple photos.
So, as I understand it, it is one office file including .pdf plus multiple photos, unless I am missing something.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
attach lets you select multiple photos.
If you start from office hub you can select one file and then you can add multiple photos.
So, as I understand it, it is one office file including .pdf plus multiple photos, unless I am missing something.

Yes, but you could always send documents via email

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
It's nice to see some most-wanted features coming to WPs. Almost love everything new like the app-close, driving mode settings, auto-rotation lock and unbelievably, the update just improved the storage on my phone. Available space went up to nearly 2 gigs after the update and feels a lot better now.

However, were we misinformed that the extra column of tiles are coming to existing 4.5" and above phones? So, 625 won't get this feature too, right? Just 5" and above it seems.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Was hopefull that it would fix my bluetooth issue, but it did not seem to while I was testing at lunch... although I just found this option after hitting "advanced" under bluetooth....

wp_ss_20131014_0001.jpg

I'll have to wait till later to test it and see if it fixes getting the notification sound and muted music when it should be reading the text message

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Loving it thus far on my Lumia 1020. Took about 30 minutes total from download to completion, so not bad. My favorite thing thus far is the ability to force close apps from the multitasking pane, but everything else is welcome. The revamped built-in storage checker is also very nice, and I like how it gives the ability to delete temporary files (like Nokia's Storage Check, but this means non-Lumia users get the same benefits).

This is a great update, but the thing I'm most excited about: IT BYPASSES THE CARRIERS!!!

I'm still exploring this update. No major changes, but all the little things are more than welcome.Oh, and did I mention, we now get to bypass the carriers?

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
My 'Others' still stays strong :(
When i upgraded to Amber/gdr2 it was 600mb.. it has increased steadily since then and now im sittong on 1009MB. i thought i could do something with GDR3 preview - sorry i couldnt find a way to do that yet... :(

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
While I too am pleased that we are now able to 'bypass carriers', I'd still like to see them take an even bigger step and re-enable features, like Datasense, that some carriers have ripped out of GDR2.

The update in general seemed to make things even snappier.

One thing I noticed, and this is obviously something Nokia will have to address via firmware/software update, is the fact that the Nokia Pro Cam will NOT rotate if the Screen Rotation features is locked. Stock camera will rotate regardless, but not Pro Cam.

Luigi Lop

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
ativ S, phone responsiveness got a lot better, and the general driver optimizations are incredible, try to run asphalt 7 now... it's like double the fps.

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Trying to restore Nokia Lumia 520 after reseting using GDR3, all the updates like access points extras+info appears in the store download section but with black icon and none of them install. Tried restarting also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium