10-25-2013 02:16 PM
365 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    kinda knew it was a troll.... darn

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    Not a troll, just an honest, stupid mistake.
    vormison and Michael Brennt like this.
    10-14-2013 01:58 PM
    Think about it, what possible use could there be for even more tile sizes on the same physical size screen? How useful would tiny squares be with text you can barely read and certainly can't just glance at?
    Personally I would have liked smaller tiles, even on my 8X. I have some tiles that just simply don't need to be big at all like the windows store app and my battery widget. Internet explorer doesn't really need to take up that much space either.

Also, I'm hoping that this will add support for my car (a 2013 Focus) hands-free. I've been missing that since I changed from an old HTC Evo.
    10-14-2013 01:58 PM
    Under Bluetooth, there's now also an option to "Connect in a different way to use Speech with Bluetooth in my car".
    Whoa nice this might be what I've been missing on my FR-S. Bluetooth works great for music but other than phone calls I can't do anything with the mic while it's connected. Search, dictate, etc. Gonna go test this.
    10-14-2013 01:59 PM
    I know this but just saying it is timely that a brick fixer from Nokia comes out the day before all this is announced and made available. I wonder if this app would revert a bricked phone back to GDR2.
    well, me personally, I have a couple of Amber ROMs downloaded and ready to be flashed if something goes wrong :)
    10-14-2013 01:59 PM
    HOW TO RUN THE UPDATE FASTER!!!!

You people might be already doing this. Just putting these so that it might help some one... I have 2 nokia 920 & i experimented the GDR2 update by doing the below steps as a pre installation process on one of the phones. The result was faster update as the installation process had to take lesser volume of data/settings for backup

* Back up personal data : photos/music/videos/ringtones etc to a laptop and delete them from phone (eventhough photos might be in skydrive, you may want to do this as additional step)
    * Delete messages/delete all email accounts except nokia/ MS live account
    * Removed unwanted apps (and the apps that you can re install after the update)
    *settings > storage check > clear temp folder
    * Remove any apps that take more space/data. You can re install them after the update
    * Removed Here maps that were offline (downloaded one).

I am yet to run this preview but i am sure these steps will help me to get it faster :)
    Why don't you suggest "factory reset" it before update?
    amitnahar likes this.
    10-14-2013 02:00 PM
    Held down the windows logo, tell me gave me this example: "wpcentral, show me the news."
    Is this new?? Tell me was updated or am I late on a fester that was released sometime now?
    10-14-2013 02:00 PM
    ok i went to phone update and found out the first option is missing :p :p nothing special but atleast 'I' found it....
    10-14-2013 02:01 PM
    Now that he mentioned it, is the percentage option available. This would be great. Anybody found it???
    Battery percentage doesn't appear to be in GDR 3.
    10-14-2013 02:01 PM
    Battery percentage doesn't appear to be in GDR 3.
    That's a letdown, would be a great addition to the overall good update.
    10-14-2013 02:05 PM
    Great, now I feel like I'm taking crazy pills over here! I've had my 920 since they released and you're telling me I've never made the tiles this small??
    Hahaha, your post made me laugh. Yes, WP8 has been that way from the start.
    philharmonik likes this.
    10-14-2013 02:05 PM
    Well I just spent the last hour making new custom tones lol
    10-14-2013 02:06 PM
    lol, so many people in this thread just now discovering features that have been in WP8 from the start -.-
    10-14-2013 02:07 PM
    hey conductor, people are talking about this..
    many more tiles here

Not a troll, just an honest, stupid mistake.
    Attached Thumbnails th.jpg ย 
    10-14-2013 02:07 PM
    can you attach *docs, *pdf to an email ?

WPCentral article said you could but i dont see that option. When i select attach it only shows me my Photos.
    10-14-2013 02:11 PM
    Updated my 920. Zero drama. Wasn't worried about warranty or data (everything is backed-up and on exchange, etc - easy to get data again).

Is the Mobile Accessibility new? Under ease of access there is a download link to an MS add-on that puts a naration app front and center each time you unlock your phone. The app was dated 10/9/2013.
    10-14-2013 02:11 PM
    lol, so many people in this thread just now discovering features that have been in WP8 from the start -.-
    damn, you're right ahahah
    10-14-2013 02:12 PM
    The Wifi icon has been moved to the left. Hopefully, the official release will add the battery percentage next to the battery icon! #fingerscrossed
    10-14-2013 02:15 PM
    One thing that I have noticed that if you have the volume at full and plug headphones in, when you unplug the headphones it will set volume down to half. Has anyone else noticed that?
    10-14-2013 02:17 PM
    I'd like some clarification on attaching office files from someone who's updated to GDR3. Im still on GDR2, and can already attach an (1) office document + photos if I start from the office hub. Is it true the "attach" icon in email still only allows photos only? Can you bring up the multi tasking menu, go back to the office hub, and hold share on another document to attach it to the same email? I'm trying to figure out how MS is introducing this as a new feature, when I've been able to send documents from the office hub since Vanilla WP7 :/
    10-14-2013 02:17 PM
    Held down the windows logo, tell me gave me this example: "wpcentral, show me the news."
    Is this new?? Tell me was updated or am I late on a fester that was released sometime now?
    That was available before GDR3. ;)
    wapoz likes this.
    10-14-2013 02:20 PM
    I'd like some clarification on attaching office files from someone who's updated to GDR3. Im still on GDR2, and can already attach an (1) office document + photos if I start from the office hub. Is it true the "attach" icon in email still only allows photos only? Can you bring up the multi tasking menu, go back to the office hub, and hold share on another document to attach it to the same email? I'm trying to figure out how MS is introducing this as a new feature, when I've been able to send documents from the office hub since Vanilla WP7 :/
    Yep, i just tried. You can't attach docs to your email via the Mail app. Gotta use the Office hub and share
    10-14-2013 02:22 PM
    They did not.
    Thanks. Bummer. Don't know why they wouldn't have that.
    10-14-2013 02:23 PM
    Yep, i just tried. You can't attach docs to your email via the Mail app. Gotta use the Office hub and share
    So you're saying you can attach multiple docs to the same email using multi tasking?
    10-14-2013 02:23 PM
    can you attach *docs, *pdf to an email ?

WPCentral article said you could but i dont see that option. When i select attach it only shows me my Photos.
    Not from that, if you go to Office, you get to see a link for Share in the menu for any doc.
    10-14-2013 02:24 PM
    IDK for sure, but it seems that the keyboard is very much more responsive.
    10-14-2013 02:24 PM
365 ... 89101112 ...