GDR3 Preview is LIVE!

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Got it installed on my 920. Guess what? It fixed the photos bug Nokia brought in amber. Photos do not have that yellow tint and look crisp and perfect.

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Installed it here as well and am very pleased! The only problem I found is that I was really looking forward to muting specific contacts (eg. groupme numbers for sms delivery), and was frustrated that there is no way to set it to "no ringtone" for a specific contact.

Fortunately, the old workaround of a silent MP3 works perfectly. For convenience of anyone else, unzip the attached MP3 and you will have a "silent" ringtone option. (the zip file is a silent MP3 file)

Attachments

• Silent.zip
    241 bytes · Views: 8

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, it hasn't asked me to restart my device it. It usually does after each update.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Plystre

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
No, just need to download the correct app. lol.. searched for the developer app, and installed the first hit. wrong.. hehe.. had to search for it in the web browser store. install..and all ok. Update is ready in 10 seconds or so. Thanks!

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
It's a bit early to say but my live tiles that haven't really worked since the portico update seem to be working!

I had the opposite thing happen. The GDR3 update broke my live tiles completely (even opening and closing the app didn't update the tile), but I seem to have gotten thing going again with the usual repin all tiles, block all background tasks, soft reset, power off/on, etc. Let's see if they continue to update now but all seems well for nearly 2 hours.

I've had them break before with the Portico update and the last time I ended up flashing the phone again to get them going. The Amber/GDR2 update didn't break them at all.

Maaz

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
+NL925
GDR3 Preview update installed flawlessly ! Anticipating this OS being on par with IOS & Android in a reasonable time frame.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Im stuck with this GDR3 i updated fine but cannot open 3rd party app unless i reinstall them , i also cant use drive settings or screen lock from the settings menu.
ive tried a soft reset but am away from wifi so cant do a hard reset.\

any ideas,??

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Installed it here as well and am very pleased! The only problem I found is that I was really looking forward to muting specific contacts (eg. groupme numbers for sms delivery), and was frustrated that there is no way to set it to "no ringtone" for a specific contact.

Fortunately, the old workaround of a silent MP3 works perfectly. For convenience of anyone else, unzip the attached MP3 and you will have a "silent" ringtone option. (the zip file is a silent MP3 file)

Don't you have a Nokia?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism