GDR3 Preview is LIVE!

amstoneberger

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble with the certificate adding portion. I've received the email, clicked the link, clicked add, but nothing seems to happen.

Then, when I go to the Dev Centre app to sign in, it says I need an active Dev account. I've followed all the steps for App Studio account. The problem to me seems to be that the certificate portion is not added. But, I could be wrong.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

I did the same thing you did until I found this thread. It is not the Dev Center app that you need, it is the Preview for Developers app. Try that out and good luck!

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
going to try resetting my phone to see what's changed in the setup process and whether connect to wifi is working properly

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Bittersweet shimmer is additional firmware upgrades provided by Nokia for Lumias, this is an OS update, similar to how portico (GDR1) was to the original WP8

I see, thanks! What will Bittersweet Shimmer bring then in terms of new features?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I see, thanks! What will Bittersweet Shimmer bring then in terms of new features?

I'm not sure, hehe, we'll have to wait till 22nd October to see what Nokia has in store for us :)

Side note, seems that the progress bar during the spinning gears phase does not appear when resetting the phone, hope they fix that. On the bright side, the connect to wifi option in the OOBE is working fine :)

KINGINI LABS

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
HOW TO RUN THE UPDATE FASTER!!!!

You people might be already doing this. Just putting these so that it might help some one... I have 2 nokia 920 & i experimented the GDR2 update by doing the below steps as a pre installation process on one of the phones. The result was faster update as the installation process had to take lesser volume of data/settings for backup

* Back up personal data : photos/music/videos/ringtones etc to a laptop and delete them from phone (eventhough photos might be in skydrive, you may want to do this as additional step)
* Delete messages/delete all email accounts except nokia/ MS live account
* Removed unwanted apps (and the apps that you can re install after the update)
*settings > storage check > clear temp folder
* Remove any apps that take more space/data. You can re install them after the update
* Removed Here maps that were offline (downloaded one).

I am yet to run this preview but i am sure these steps will help me to get it faster :)

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was wondering how you install the certificate. I dragged it into the files on the phone, but obviously that didn't work. I can't download the app.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Migrating data 97%, woohoo!
I don;t think I'd like 3 tiles in a roll on 920 either

Edit: ALL DONE!! Off to explore :D ;) :beer:

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
One thing that has bugged me for a while now, I guess since wp7. If you have a long start screen, start from the top and scroll. While it's scrolling, hit the windows key. The momentum that you started doesn't get cancelled by the home key and will continue to scroll down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills