GDR3 Preview is LIVE!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh, progress bar under the spinning gears... is that new?

And it was only a 31MB file, I did it over my data connection.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
One thing that has bugged me for a while now, I guess since wp7. If you have a long start screen, start from the top and scroll. While it's scrolling, hit the windows key. The momentum that you started doesn't get cancelled by the home key and will continue to scroll down.

True, and also sometimes scrolling becomes glitchy, if you know what I mean it stops very briefly before scrolling again when your finger swipes

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

diplomat696

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
all updates from gdr2 are still available such as glance etc. I also just setup driving mode and custom tones are an option for all notifications, emails, texts, voicemail etc.

diplomat696

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
theres a hyper link in the email, just tap the link then tap the screen to open it once it comes up that's it, once done go to the link in the app store and download the preview app, close out then check for updates on your phone.

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Updating my HTC 8X, looking forward to testing this, looks like a solid list of features that'll help out WP8 users. Also I can play around with the dev stuff on my home pc to make some sample apps, which should be fun.

ssx1000

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Update OS-Version for me is 8.0.10512.142
(firmware didnt change ... as expected)
So what did change?
- task manager gets the X button
- car mode is added to settings (needs bluetooth device to set it up, which I dont have)
- the orientation lock or auto rotation setting is added to the settings
- dont actually know if something changed or I didnt see it before but the storage settings have colors in the details list on phone storage or sd-card storage
- personal ringtones for everything .... sorry forgot to mention ^^

that's what I saw on the first look through settings ... anything else?

Edit: anyways - It runs pretty smooth on my ativ s ...

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Really hope to get the new tile sizes on the 920. I have a lot of apps pinned to the start and I feel that the new tile size can help organizing the apps better.

On the spinning gears now, gonna take a little nap and play with GDR3 later :)

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So far so good! Like most ppl I tried out the multitasking first. Would prefer gesture too but I guess the X is doable. Scrolling seems to be smoother :)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills