GDR3 Preview is LIVE!

Section ThirtyOne

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Question regarding custom ringtones/notifications:

Can a custom email tone be assigned to a specific contact? For example, default email ringtone is email.wav... but email ringtone for Joe Smith is sirens.wav? This is a HUGE deal breaker for me, and really the only thing keeping me from switching.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one that wants a swipe-up (or down) to close an app instead of clicking a close button?

Although if we do that Android and probably even Apple will say we copied that even though both of them already copied someone else.

siriustds

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if you had drafts in messages before the update :D..i never noticed it ..

And while scrolling the apps down did the alphabet boxes stack over each other?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

Can a custom email tone be assigned to a specific contact? For example, default email ringtone is email.wav... but email ringtone for Joe Smith is sirens.wav? This is a HUGE deal breaker for me, and really the only thing keeping me from switching.

Ringtone and text tone yes. Email tone, no.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

It appears as though you can do this in your contacts. Not sure if this is new as it serves no purpose to me but if you go into a contact you can set a specific ringtone and text tone.

BTW, this thread would be much more helpful if it wasn't filled with pages of "I am at 96%....", "Installing", etc. etc. etc.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I see custom Ringtone and Text Tone , but not anything like Email Tone after update.

ssx1000

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site

I can assign a SMS ringtone and a Call ringtone to a specific contact but I cannot assign email ringtones to contacts ...

I'm sorry bud

Section ThirtyOne

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
It appears as though you can do this in your contacts. Not sure if this is new as it serves no purpose to me but if you go into a contact you can set a specific rington and text tone.

BTW, this thread would be much more helpful if it wasn't filled with pages of "I am at 96%....", "Installing", etc. etc. etc.
The reason it is important to me (and likely other enterprise users) is this:

I get emails all day, every day. Most are informational and don't require any action from me. However, emails from specific contacts/email addresses DO require action from me and I need to be aware. What I do with my current phone is have the default email tone as silence.wav, but have the email tone for those important contacts set to something loud that will get my attention or wake me up.

lumianut

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I signed up for app studio, downloaded the developer app, checked for updates and am now installing.

No certificate needed for me as well. :)

Weird, I didn't have to install a certificate at all.

Signed up as a company developer, also setup App Studio this morning earlier.

Just went to windowsphone marketplace, installed the app, signed off on the ToS... Went to phone update.

Right now Preparing to install: 62% :)

Lumia 1020 for the win!

EDIT: I did install the SDK for WP8 this am and unlocked my phone, maybe that's why I didn't have to install the certificate...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills