GDR3 Preview is LIVE!

invictus_7

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Just installed the update. The new things for L920 are: screen rotation block; driving mode; app management and ringtones. No notifications on glance screen or additional tiles.

Dwayne Haynes

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I know this but just saying it is timely that a brick fixer from Nokia comes out the day before all this is announced and made available. I wonder if this app would revert a bricked phone back to GDR2.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
One really subtle change I noticed is that there is now an option in keyboards to switch back to a text keyboard after choosing an emoticon.

Wendy Bautista

May 8, 2013
Visit site
does anyone else get this problem? I went to phone update and hit check for updates and it checks for awhile and then i get an error that says We are currently unable to check for updates (800072ee2)

DurnDurnDurn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if you can enable 3 rows of tiles with GDR3. I have looked around and haven't found if you can. I remember them throwing around the idea that those with 720p screens might be able to enable the 3 rows.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Awesome so far.
- Multitasking close apps X works well with some nice animations

- Custom tones for alarm, email, texts, etc. works well. Finally can download those funny tones without feeling sad that we can't use them

- Screen rotation lock works well, best when you're still in bed trying to view stuff on your phone

- All amber features are present

- So far no additional features that MS didn't mention is present. NO 3-TILES IN A ROLL THINGY, if you're still wondering

- Overall I feel the scrolling is smoother and nothing is broken or buggy, so in conclusion it's a great update. I hope they bring Win8 features such as multi-select and arrange tiles and gestures to WP soon.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Thirst thing I noticed after this beta update is that I move through menus and apps faster. Yeap! Faster, and this is noticeably!
Another subtle change: the horizontal line when loading whatsapp is gone.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3