GDR3 Preview is LIVE!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Does incoming toasts from apps like Whatsapp/LinkedIn count as IMs? If yes my notification tones aren't working. Can someone confirm this?

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I hope this means that snapchat might be coming soon!

Snapchat was 'apparently' waiting for GDR3 for a new API it needed but look what Microsoft said... "There are no new APIs in the update, and so there won’t be a corresponding Windows Phone SDK for this update."

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Snapchat was 'apparently' waiting for GDR3 for a new API it needed but look what Microsoft said... "There are no new APIs in the update, and so there won?t be a corresponding Windows Phone SDK for this update."

So they'll probably give up waiting and either make it now or just not make it.

ChrisLynch

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So, does anyone else have issues with trying to open apps? While I watched the update install, I didn't see the normal "Please wait while we migrate your data" message after the updates installed. I can't launch any app that's installed, except for core OS apps. I removed Adobe Reader, installed it again, and now it launches. I'd rather not have to hard reset my device, but it seems as if that might be necessary at this point.

txDrum

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
So, does anyone else have issues with trying to open apps? While I watched the update install, I didn't see the normal "Please wait while we migrate your data" message after the updates installed. I can't launch any app that's installed, except for core OS apps. I removed Adobe Reader, installed it again, and now it launches. I'd rather not have to hard reset my device, but it seems as if that might be necessary at this point.
What phone do you have?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Installed it here as well and am very pleased! The only problem I found is that I was really looking forward to muting specific contacts (eg. groupme numbers for sms delivery), and was frustrated that there is no way to set it to "no ringtone" for a specific contact.

Fortunately, the old workaround of a silent MP3 works perfectly. For convenience of anyone else, unzip the attached MP3 and you will have a "silent" ringtone option. (the zip file is a silent MP3 file)

Why not just install the groupme app and set it on mute when you don't want to hear groupme notifications? It doesn't come in via messaging anymore then, it all goes through the app which can be muted at night, etc.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Whoa nice this might be what I've been missing on my FR-S. Bluetooth works great for music but other than phone calls I can't do anything with the mic while it's connected. Search, dictate, etc. Gonna go test this.

Trip report, I can now do voice commands from my GDR3 phone whereas before my mic was disabled for speech type things through the car's mic. It didn't work at first and after a bunch of manual disconnecting/reconnecting and checkbox toggling I realized that the only problem is that it was taking longer to connect than it did before, and I wasn't being patient enough. So yay GDR3 and stuff. For reference, Scion FR-S 2014/10 Series head unit.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

No. Apps are opening just fine. (928).

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
oh, I'm sorry then. But you mean... you didn't know you can make small tiles? Or you didn't know you can have live tiles, just kinda confused here.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

I guess I forgot I could make them that small and just never used them at that size. When I updated, I must have just brain dumped and thought it was something new. :unhappy:

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

had to hard reset, now its fine everythings working

elyod

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have an ATT 920 and I updated this morning. The phone has been great so far. I haven't experienced anything that would prevent me from recommending the update.

sardelich

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
but still....there are few major options missing...how long has windows phone been out. 3 years? after almost 2 and half years of android,I am thrilled with WP but some major functionalities are missing. Fixed IP, separate volume for media and rings, music playback by folder, and possibly button lights as notifications would be amazing. But still, awesome phone, awesome OS, my Lumia 920 is even a bit more amazing after update to GDR3 :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99