GDR3 Preview is LIVE!

ashu11sharma

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys, Pls post some mini review of sorts how device is behaving, any lags freeze, image quality, xbox music player etc. I want to update it but m a little skeptical. Please share your thoughts as others will benefit same.

M_Mike

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I had issues last night streaming music to my blue tooth speaker. It kept freezing. As soon as I turned off bt, it was normal again no freezes in playback. Interface seems a little laggy now. I had no speed issues prior.

seabrew

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I've seen several references to being able to change email sounds for individual contacts. I have the GDR3 update now and can't find that anywhere. When I am on a contact I can change the ringtone and text sound. The only option for email is to add a new email address.

Anyone have anything definitive on what the actual results for email sounds should be?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I guess I forgot I could make them that small and just never used them at that size. When I updated, I must have just brain dumped and thought it was something new. :unhappy:

I see @@ well congrats for discovering something new for yourself then xD

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Tapatalk

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue when I tried to delete a song. It had those loading dots and kept going, so I used multitasking and pressed the X to close the music app. Then I tried to reopen it and it kept crashing. I fixed it with a soft reset.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Something interesting I see in the developer changelog is that apparently developers can now choose their own custom tone for toast notifications as well:

Custom sounds for toast notifications. You can now use reflection to specify custom sounds for toast notifications.

What's new in Windows Phone SDK 8.0

I'm more excited to see that than the custom ringtones support only now added to email/SMS, personally. This would allow for things like the ESPN app working the same way as it does on other platforms, giving a SportsCenter-style tone when you get an ESPN update, for example. I hope developers take advantage of this fast, because I really dislike not being able to tell which app is beeping at me all the time.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've seen several references to being able to change email sounds for individual contacts. I have the GDR3 update now and can't find that anywhere. When I am on a contact I can change the ringtone and text sound. The only option for email is to add a new email address.

Anyone have anything definitive on what the actual results for email sounds should be?

This is false, people just keep lumping them all together. E-mail tone ability has not changed.

MooCoo

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just updated and works as just fine.

The only down side is that in WhatsApp you can't see anymore the time when you contact has been active.
I used to check that out before sending any messages to anyone during nightime.
And it was a great way of keeping track of the kids.

Griffinx

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
They've done something with contacts. I sync with Google contacts and now secondary numbers are not appearing on my phone even though the number is still under Company on the contacts detail on Google. This had worked before.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
They've done something with contacts. I sync with Google contacts and now secondary numbers are not appearing on my phone even though the number is still under Company on the contacts detail on Google. This had worked before.

Again, this isn't the final release. It should be fixed soon.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I just updated and works as just fine.

The only down side is that in WhatsApp you can't see anymore the time when you contact has been active.
I used to check that out before sending any messages to anyone during nightime.
And it was a great way of keeping track of the kids.

I still see that, when you tap the contact.

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
It still amazes me that after 3 years WP is still lacking in some real basic features, like adding search results to contacts and closings all open apps simultaneously.

jorgejlt

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
You won't loose htc Blue theme color, nor beats audio app. Everything is running ok on my HTC 8x unbranded.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

BBerryPowerUser

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It still amazes me that after 3 years WP is still lacking in some real basic features, like adding search results to contacts and closings all open apps simultaneously.

BINGO! This was the FIRST thing I noticed when migrating to WP8 from BlackBerry (and Android/iPhone - had them too).

I even emailed MS and told them to get with the program(ing) and get this basic stuff added. I need to hold on a new contact or search result and have a drop down offer to add it to Contacts. Pronto, Tonto! :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I guess people truly can't be happy even when a company is updating the devices at a reasonably fast speed(this is update 3 this year....within the first year of the intro of Wp8)

This is a minor update...wait till WP8.1 to see if they'll update some things you are complaining about(especially since the X to close app was JUST added)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire