Nokia Lumia 520 users: Post your GDR3 status here

lumiadeb

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Updated to GDR3 preview version on 15.10.13.IE is now faster..Screen Rotation works better now.Storage Space Analysis is more detailed but temp files can't be cleaned up at all.Best thing in GDR3 is individualised ringtones and text tones for every contact.After the update on 15.10.13 my phone installed update once again on 16.10.13 and I have not been able to find out any newer feature after this second update.Let me mention here that my Lumia 520 had received the so-called Amber update on 24.09.13 but later I found that it was an OS update(GDR2) and not a firmware update (AMBER).My 520 doesn't have fm radio,or Lumia colour profile yet.My OS version now is 8.0.10512.142 and firmware is still 1030... and not 3046....after the update of 16.10.13 showed COMPLETE and SUCCESSFUL,my phone started showing yet another update which isn't downloaded completely yet.I hope this one is the Amber

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

lumiadeb

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
And oh.I forgot to mention the new feature of closing apps.Long press on Back button brings up a swipable list of running apps with a close button on each of the app windows.Each app can be closed from it.No more endless taps on back button.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

erisdoes

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Installed with no issues, love the rotation lock. Killing apps from multitask area is also nice.. Liking it so far but has only been running it for 20 min..

Nikhilteja

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine just updated in 15mins. The essential things like close button for multitasking and screen rotation lock are now on windows phone. I hope we'll get an official update from MS again after finalizing the update and making it bug free.

erisdoes

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The only think I wish for in windows phone is a quick settings type menu or something so I don't have to go into the settings app to turn WiFi and auto rotate on and off..

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes it definitely has smoother transitions. Battery seems to be about the same before. I love the orientation lock but i have to remember to change that when I'm on metrotube

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded it last night, everything seemed to be going fine right up I had finished the final installation and then the phone just refused to boot up :/ It was just showing the Nokia logo for like 30 seconds, then went black for a while and repeated the process over and over again. Tried soft resetting, battery pulling, removing SIM card and storage card, but nothing worked. After about an hour I'd had enough and just committed to the hard reset. The installation was still successful though, so I have GDR3 on my phone, but had to reinstall all my apps, play around with my settings and lost all my data in games. Moreover, I'm not able to download 'Settings' updates like storage check, display + touch and the like as I get an error code every time I try to download them. So I'm stuck with the original versons of those things. Definitely regret updating it, the new features aren't worth losing all of that stuff at all.

EDIT: Yay, those things have now decided to download for some reason! Only bad thing now is the lost data in games but it's not a huge deal for me.

Last edited:

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm updated to GDR3. I like the screen lock and being able to close each app down by clicking the "X" after long pressing the back button.

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for outgoing offtopic, but i have an Ascend W1 phone, but its get forgotten in GDR1 Firmware, can i use thesesteps for update to the latest GDR?, I have and Windows Phone Apps Studio Account and i wish to update my phone, cuz Huawei sucks with software support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte