Nokia Lumia 520 users: Post your GDR3 status here

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for outgoing offtopic, but i have an Ascend W1 phone, but its get forgotten in GDR1 Firmware, can i use thesesteps for update to the latest GDR?, I have and Windows Phone Apps Studio Account and i wish to update my phone, cuz Huawei sucks with software support.

I'm not sure if you need gdr2 to upgrade to gdr3 or not I'm not saying do it or not do it this would be at your own risk and discretion. I don't see anything wrong with downloading the developer preview app and search for an update and see if one comes up. But before all that I would ask more questions regarding the issue possibly even email support at Microsoft in regards to windows phone updates

gksnarayanan

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
no its much easier than just sign up for windows phone app studio with the outlook account linked to your windows phone then search for the app windows phone developer preview then login with your outlook account and follow the simple steps

Could you please explain the steps little detail, I signed up Windows Phone App studio. What is next?

gksnarayanan

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
no its much easier than just sign up for windows phone app studio with the outlook account linked to your windows phone then search for the app windows phone developer preview then login with your outlook account and follow the simple steps

I have updated my Lumia 620 to GDR3 now. Very easy to update.

Last edited:

VISHNU PR

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I updated my nokia LUMIA 520 ,, INDIA .................. In the update ms bundled screen rotation and customised ring tone, ithhink after the update,its bit lagging.....

you can also update the preview os with app studio account that is free
in the windows phone developer portal

then select START BUILDING
login with your microsoft id

download the unlocker app to ur lumia and register it

then goto settings phone update

VISHNU PR

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
then select START BUILDING
login with your microsoft id

download the unlocker app to ur lumia and register it

then goto settings phone update

lumiadeb

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a 520 I have been trying to update for days now? I have not been able to????

trying which update?Lumia amber?or gdr3?both are downloadable only via WiFi.additionally,for gdr3 u must register as a developer(it's free) and then download and install a preview version app

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro