05-15-2014 06:57 PM
55 123
tools
    Hey Microsoft, are you listening? Every single person who asks 'Oh a windows phone, whats it like?' when they see mine hears, AT LENGTH, about how broken the phone is for business purposes due to the inability to add multiple email attachments in reply to a client query.

They hear AT LENGTH about how if they want a phone which is good for sending pics of yourself and social networking then WP8 is no worse than Android/iOS, but if you want an actual business tool then buy an Android. Every single person who asks me about my WP hears about how they should buy an Android phone unless they are a hormonal teenager or an ***** in which case they should probably just go with iOS.

Who exactly was this OS made for? I'm so upset by this fail that I am seriously considering moving to ChromeOS on the desktop in protest and will definately never ever buy another WP.
    10-14-2013 07:17 PM
    You should post this on the WP Team Developer page.

Hey Microsoft, are you listening? Every single person who asks 'Oh a windows phone, whats it like?' when they see mine hears, AT LENGTH, about how broken the phone is for business purposes due to the inability to add multiple email attachments in reply to a client query.

They hear AT LENGTH about how if they want a phone which is good for sending pics of yourself and social networking then WP8 is no worse than Android/iOS, but if you want an actual business tool then buy an Android. Every single person who asks me about my WP hears about how they should buy an Android phone unless they are a hormonal teenager or an ***** in which case they should probably just go with iOS.

Who exactly was this OS made for? I'm so upset by this fail that I am seriously considering moving to ChromeOS on the desktop in protest and will definately never ever buy another WP.
    10-14-2013 07:21 PM
    Got a link?
    10-14-2013 07:23 PM
    Open a file, long press, share, and choose the email acct to send it frm. That was how it was done pre and post amber. I heard on GDR3 you can now attach on an email "reply". Not sure though. I don't have GDR3.
    10-14-2013 07:40 PM
    The WP blog post doesn't mention email.attachments. That was only reported on WPC.
    Announcing our third Windows Phone 8 update

It doesn't mean it won't happen, its just that this 'preview' doesn't have it.

Edit: I believe WPC knows what it's talking about, so I would think that attaching office files from the email app will come in gdr3. Its just that this preview doesn't do it. I still think this feature will arrive in the final gdr3. Its just a personal opinion.
    Yep you're right. MS didnt' announce any change to e-mail attachments so this IS NOT AN ENHANCEMENT. I've quickly run through all the WPC post regarding this and there's no mention of it either. I was reading all this late last night and I think maybe one of the articles may have mentioned it and perhaps it's since been removed. This could well be an 8.1 feature.
    10-14-2013 09:28 PM
    What i am wondering is that, if photos library can be accessed why is it restricted for docs and videos libraries... Is the photo library more secure and the other not secure and they restrict? Or just that ms want to restrict for restricting sake? And saving of our data too why can photos be saved in common library and not videos?
    Montpbm likes this.
    10-15-2013 11:38 AM
    Far too difficult; why on earth would I want to open my email app, read an email, close the email app, open ANOTHER app, and then use that to send an email? Thats just stupid and anybody who does it needs to get some self respect (and a new phone). MS stuffed up their email app on WP8 and it needs to be fixed, end of story. Also what about multiple emails, what about files which i dont happen to have an app to open, or which dont expose a share function? Just stupid.`
    Montpbm likes this.
    10-16-2013 12:50 AM
    If you have the docs in one drive, then metro mail is a perfect solution to attach docs while replying to an email.
    05-13-2014 06:34 AM
    So yeah, to save time, simply nothing has changed regarding attachments in GDR3.
    That's what I was wondering "isn't this the same thing? LOL. But I don't have gdr3, so I can't say for sure. Please tell me that this has changed in 8.1...please!
    Montpbm likes this.
    05-13-2014 06:51 AM
    Yeah the no email attachments sucks! And Microsoft just makes things harder when it's supposed to be easier...smh!
    05-13-2014 06:55 AM
    Nope hasn't changed at all.
    peacefulberry likes this.
    05-13-2014 06:56 AM
    Nope hasn't changed at all.
    You mean this hasn't changed in 8.1 either? This is why I said in another thread that I honestly don't believe that Microsoft execs or Nokia execs use WPs for their daily drivers unless they have secret business apps or an entirely different OS not available to the public. How on earth am I to use WP as a true business phone?
    Montpbm likes this.
    05-13-2014 07:04 AM
    You mean this hasn't changed in 8.1 either? This is why I said in another thread that I honestly don't believe that Microsoft execs or Nokia execs use WPs for their daily drivers unless they have secret business apps or an entirely different OS not available to the public. How on earth am I to use WP as a true business phone?
    Edit: Nope it remains the same, you have to do it from the Office Hub. I can't use this as a business phone. It is so stupid of Microsoft not to have added this first version of the OS. Also you still can't attach multiple photos together in the messaging app at the same time, you have to do them one by one still.. Sucks!!
    Last edited by Montpbm; 05-13-2014 at 08:51 AM.
    peacefulberry likes this.
    05-13-2014 07:27 AM
    You can attach multiple images to an email but not videos.

wp_ss_20140513_0002.pngwp_ss_20140513_0003.png

You are better of sharing one drive links to documents or folders if your collaborating on projects. Yes, it is moronic that the email hub defaults to the pictures when trying to add an attachment. Along with the fact that you can only attach one document to the email.. Drove me bonkers I can tell you.

The OneDrive method imo is much better as not only you and your colleague can use webapps. But also don't have the problem with multiple versions of an attachment floating around.

Edit: Updated post with images.

Also this is the solution I used, I created folder in my work's one drive email, shared the folder with my account that is tied to my phone along with a folder shortcut (copied the link with edit permissions) so I can store it on my pc at work and at home. Voila I could edit work documents on my phone, at work and at home - completely in sync. Same worked for collab folders with colleagues.
    Last edited by TechFreak1; 05-13-2014 at 08:41 AM.
    05-13-2014 07:49 AM
    Nope it remaimns the same, you have to do it from the Office Hub. I can't use this as a business phone. It is so stupid of Microsoft not to have added this first version of the OS. Also you still can't attach multiple photos together at the same time, you have to do them one by one still.. Sucks!!
    Ok, so I thought it was just me. So you can't attach multiple images...well now that's a whole other issue. You're right...there is no way I can use this as a business phone. Do you think that the MSFT execs actually use WP for their business phones? I have a hard time believing that they do.
    05-13-2014 08:21 AM
    Ok, so I thought it was just me. So you can't attach multiple images...well now that's a whole other issue. You're right...there is no way I can use this as a business phone. Do you think that the MSFT execs actually use WP for their business phones? I have a hard time believing that they do.
    Actually you can upload multiple images and have been able to do it in wp 8.0, check the screenshots I just uploaded :D.
    Montpbm likes this.
    05-13-2014 08:38 AM
    Actually you can upload multiple images and have been able to do it in wp 8.0, check the screenshots I just uploaded :D.
    I'm sorry you can upload multiple photos to email, I meant that you can't do it for messaging app.
    05-13-2014 08:42 AM
    And no as of now it's hard for me to believe that Microsoft uses Windows phone as a daily driver for business.
    05-13-2014 08:44 AM
    You can attach multiple images to an email but not videos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140513_0002.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	289.8 KB 
ID:	66342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140513_0003.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	66343

You are better of sharing one drive links to documents or folders if your collaborating on projects. Yes, it is moronic that the email hub defaults to the pictures when trying to add an attachment. Along with the fact that you can only attach one document to the email.. Drove me bonkers I can tell you.

The OneDrive method imo is much better as not only you and your colleague can use webapps. But also don't have the problem with multiple versions of an attachment floating around.

Edit: Updated post with images.

Also this is the solution I used, I created folder in my work's one drive email, shared the folder with my account that is tied to my phone along with a folder shortcut (copied the link with edit permissions) so I can store it on my pc at work and at home. Voila I could edit work documents on my phone, at work and at home - completely in sync. Same worked for collab folders with colleagues.
    Yeah you're right, I meant to the messaging app.
    05-13-2014 08:52 AM
    Oh, I see but why would you want to send them via the messaging app?

Does your provider give you free MMS downloads and doesn't charge per MMS?

As far as am aware, In the uk MMS is usually not free with a monthly contract let alone be free on pay as you go.
    Plus the quality of pictures on MMS is usually waay below subpar.
    Montpbm likes this.
    05-13-2014 09:01 AM
    yes. I see what you mean. :)
    Montpbm likes this.
    05-13-2014 09:33 AM

As far as am aware, In the uk MMS is usually not free with a monthly contract let alone be free on pay as you go.
    The US normally has unlimited sms messages with most plans.
    Montpbm likes this.
    05-13-2014 09:34 AM

Yep I have free MMS and everything else, that's the easiest way for me to send photos. I am in the US.
    05-13-2014 09:54 AM
    Yep I have free MMS and everything else, that's the easiest way for me to send photos. I am in the US.
    Lucky you, it costs me 30 pence just to send one! lol. This is one of the primary reasons why I guess everyone uses whatsapp here (well in my social circle and pretty much everyone I know)
    05-13-2014 10:01 AM
    Lucky you, it costs me 30 pence just to send one! lol. This is one of the primary reasons why I guess everyone uses whatsapp here (well in my social circle and pretty much everyone I know)
    Yes, that's how whatsapp and BBM got so popular. No SMS fees!
    05-13-2014 11:12 AM
55 123