Email Attachments

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I thought it was just me. So you can't attach multiple images...well now that's a whole other issue. You're right...there is no way I can use this as a business phone. Do you think that the MSFT execs actually use WP for their business phones? I have a hard time believing that they do.

Actually you can upload multiple images and have been able to do it in wp 8.0, check the screenshots I just uploaded :D.

Montpbm

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
You can attach multiple images to an email but not videos.

View attachment 66342View attachment 66343

You are better of sharing one drive links to documents or folders if your collaborating on projects. Yes, it is moronic that the email hub defaults to the pictures when trying to add an attachment. Along with the fact that you can only attach one document to the email.. Drove me bonkers I can tell you.

The OneDrive method imo is much better as not only you and your colleague can use webapps. But also don't have the problem with multiple versions of an attachment floating around.

Edit: Updated post with images.

Also this is the solution I used, I created folder in my work's one drive email, shared the folder with my account that is tied to my phone along with a folder shortcut (copied the link with edit permissions) so I can store it on my pc at work and at home. Voila I could edit work documents on my phone, at work and at home - completely in sync. Same worked for collab folders with colleagues.

Yeah you're right, I meant to the messaging app.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah you're right, I meant to the messaging app.
Oh, I see but why would you want to send them via the messaging app?

Does your provider give you free MMS downloads and doesn't charge per MMS?

As far as am aware, In the uk MMS is usually not free with a monthly contract let alone be free on pay as you go.
Plus the quality of pictures on MMS is usually waay below subpar.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

As far as am aware, In the uk MMS is usually not free with a monthly contract let alone be free on pay as you go.

The US normally has unlimited sms messages with most plans.

Montpbm

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site

Yep I have free MMS and everything else, that's the easiest way for me to send photos. I am in the US.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yep I have free MMS and everything else, that's the easiest way for me to send photos. I am in the US.

Lucky you, it costs me 30 pence just to send one! lol. This is one of the primary reasons why I guess everyone uses whatsapp here (well in my social circle and pretty much everyone I know)

anon(8776042)

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I just tried it and it is brilliant! I so needed this when I was working lol would have made my life so much easier.

Just tipped WPcentral for them to put up an app review :D.

Thank you!
I'm beginning to develop for WP and the App is still very simple. But as soon as I learn more things, I have in mind adding new features like remove the file you want from the Share queue without removing the rest. Also I'm planning to translate the App to more languages.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you!
I'm beginning to develop for WP and the App is still very simple. But as soon as I learn more things, I have in mind adding new features like remove the file you want from the Share queue without removing the rest. Also I'm planning to translate the App to more languages.

Your welcome, I just found the app brilliantly simple :D and very efficient.

Cool, being able to remove from the share queue would come in handy. Just a quick Idea, if you could implement a feature where you could simply drag the a file to the right to remove it in the share queue - like the way you dismiss the toast notifications or clear notifications in the action centre would be pretty nifty.

I'm guessing you have something in mind like this already - the ability to pick selected files by just by tapping on them and a "remove selected" button to remove selected items.

Also maybe open a forum thread so that you can get more feed back from other users.

Anyway keep up the great work!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos