Email Attachments

Jeremy Nuss

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I saw in a thread the Update 3 was to include document attachment in email. I cannot figure out how to do this. Can anyone provide instructions on this?

1 STUNNA

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
That's now new though. I've been emailing documents to my bosses from my phone for a while now. That's how I send them my billable hours for invoicing and I've definitely done that on GDR2 on my 1020.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That's now new though. I've been emailing documents to my bosses from my phone for a while now. That's how I send them my billable hours for invoicing and I've definitely done that on GDR2 on my 1020.

Via a sky drive link. Not actually attaching the document.

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah and on GDR2 (1020). I just long press any document that's on my phone and send from any email and it attaches. If it's on skydrive, but not my phone I do the same but before the "send from" screen comes up it says "Downloading...". Still attaches directly and without simply sending a skydrive link, though I still have to go to the Office Hub.

sManowar

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the GDR3 update and can't see how I can add attachment to Email

It is pretty crappy how they implemented it, but you need to open up the Office Hub, find the file you will to attach, long press, and select share. Then you select your email account and then you'll notice that the file is actually attached.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It is pretty crappy how they implemented it, but you need to open up the Office Hub, find the file you will to attach, long press, and select share. Then you select your email account and then you'll notice that the file is actually attached.

So it's still not working the way it should. Sigh, when I hit attach, it should allow it from there, not force me to go to another app. It's stuff like this that will hurt WP in the business sector.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So it's still not working the way it should. Sigh, when I hit attach, it should allow it from there, not force me to go to another app. It's stuff like this that will hurt WP in the business sector.

I'd say more of an incomplete implementation, not an incorrect one. It should work the way it does now and also from the email app itself.

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
That I couldn't figure out either. I had to send them a link to my Skydrive.

It is comical. Gmail app can even open the files (docs, pdfs and etc) on its app. Gmail for android, and quickly reply it, edit it. Everything on a mail app. Here, MS owns office and I cant even do the same on the e-mail app...kind of garbage...

Malcolm Clement

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It is comical. Gmail app can even open the files (docs, pdfs and etc) on its app. Gmail for android, and quickly reply it, edit it. Everything on a mail app. Here, MS owns office and I cant even do the same on the e-mail app...kind of garbage...

shows how much "vision" they have... who the hell do they have over there making decisions on what is needed in a phone? ESPECIALLY when you look at their push toward business users and you can't even figure out this BASIC feature...?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6