features (detailed)

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
The option to never timeout the screen made it's way back in. This may have been available on unlocked phones, but I'm noticing it now. I wish they would add an option to never turn off the screen while plugged in.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
OP - recommendation is to edit your first post as what you are "detailing" aren't GDR3 feature or to amend your opening post title. I'll let it as it as for you to change for now.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
The option to never timeout the screen made it's way back in. This may have been available on unlocked phones, but I'm noticing it now. I wish they would add an option to never turn off the screen while plugged in.

No "new timeout" option doesn't appear on my AT&T branded Lumia 1020, still maxes out at 5 minutes.

Malcolm Clement

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is new or if I never realized it in Portico or GDR2 - but in Messaging there is an option for "emgergency alerts" under Settings. Can turn on AMBER alerts as well as select for Emergency Alerts: Presidential only // Presidential and Extreme alerts // all alerts

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get the "new' Phone Storage" listing Temporary Files but from what I understand it "deletes" temporary files
as good as the clear Temporary files does (not) in Storage Check
maybe 1-2MB out of 45MB = useless.

With many of us only getting a partial new setting it seems like that this OS is somewhat Beta.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
1. speed dial via long press win key:was on gdr2 they say but i did not know
2. music improvements include :not sluggish while changing tracks
3. screen rotation:pretty basic ....bing could have rotated for a better view of the wallpaper ..oh well
4. better storage managemnet : altough the delete does not seem to work
5. email attachments:email attachments might not be quite there yet ...office hub lets you send documents now but no pdfs at the moment
6. save location periodically :practically useless for many of us
7. force close apps: the most important feature
8.driving mode: use bluetooth devices to automatically send text and prevent yourself from getting distracted while driving
9:bluetooth: compatibility improvements(better compatibility my vw polo sounds better now)
10:custom tones: contact specific message tones and more custom tone support
11. keyboard automatically changes once you select a emotion
and many more other than the obvious stability, hardware support and updates mentioned on this site
most of the features are new or more like newish

The ones in RED were already present in WP8 even before GDRs. They aren't features of the update. Also, it isn't "force close" as Android. It is ability to close apps that are in tombstone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea