Carrier exclusive accent colours and GDR3

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Question: does the GDR3 affect the carrier-exclusive accent colours? Since the OS hasn't gone through the carriers, will carrier exclusive accent colours be erased?

Example: I have my phone with Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile) specifically because they have a special dark grey accent colour. If I install GDR3 this way, will I lose the exclusive accent colour?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
As luk already said, this update has no affect on firmware, and an accent color would be a part of your carrier's firmware. As such, it should remain untouched.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for both answers. It occurred me it could be a firmware thing, but since it was regarding accent colours, I feared it could be affected.

(This leads me to question: if it's firmware, why on Earth hasn't Nokia made an App to give us a colour wheel instead of forcing us to stick to 20 or 20+1 accent colours? o_O They techincally could do it without the need for an OS update then...)

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for both answers. It occurred me it could be a firmware thing, but since it was regarding accent colours, I feared it could be affected.

(This leads me to question: if it's firmware, why on Earth hasn't Nokia made an App to give us a colour wheel instead of forcing us to stick to 20 or 20+1 accent colours? o_O They techincally could do it without the need for an OS update then...)

I've often wondered the same thing. Beats me. :shrug:

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I've often wondered the same thing. Beats me. :shrug:

Likely the way the OS renders the accent colors. Nokia could put in a color wheel in the firmware, but the OS, which is Microsoft, would not trigger it, still loading the current accent picker of 20(+ Carrier Exclusive) colors.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Certain carriers have their own exclusive themes, like T-Mobile's grey. I also know the my Lumia 900 had "Nokia Blue" as a theme option, but I've yet to find the color on my Lumia 1020.

Odd. I don't have TMobile Grey. I have TMobile Magenta (which is nearly, but not completely by just a smidge, identical to the system magenta, funny enough

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Likely the way the OS renders the accent colors. Nokia could put in a color wheel in the firmware, but the OS, which is Microsoft, would not trigger it, still loading the current accent picker of 20(+ Carrier Exclusive) colors.

I don't see it as being too hard to implement, however. If Nokia could manage features as obscure as Glance screen, backgrounds for Glance, Storage Checker, etc., then I'm sure a color wheel is possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon