Apps that are broken in GDR3 Developer Preview

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi has anyone noticed that when you click on a photo on Facebook in IE in mobile mode, the photo extends over to the right and I can't scroll to see it, is there any way to fix this??

bor42

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Nextgen reader: the live tile doesn't work anymore for me (it worked a week ago, then I had my L820 in the workshop, it acted funny before GDR3 as well)

edit: apparently it was unrelated, it works now

Last edited:

volpeastuta

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
hey guys, after intalling gdr3 for my L920 i see that whatsapp doesn't work anymore on notification when receiving new messages. i've already tried to unistall and re-install the app to the lastest release with no results. do you have the same problem too?

areewahab

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
hey guys, after intalling gdr3 for my L920 i see that whatsapp doesn't work anymore on notification when receiving new messages. i've already tried to unistall and re-install the app to the lastest release with no results. do you have the same problem too?

yup, apparently whatsapp and line are encountered some bugs on GDR3

Barry van Dijk

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

Yep, same issue here (L920)!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting, all! I'm going to go out on a limb and say that GDR3 is not introducing very many problems. Good update.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi has anyone noticed that when you click on a photo on Facebook in IE in mobile mode, the photo extends over to the right and I can't scroll to see it, is there any way to fix this??

Darren, it's just like that since the beginning. I'm using regular mobile site --> m.facebook.com with 'visit as PC' enabled to avoid this annoying bug. So, I'm sure it's not GDR3 issue :p
have a good day.

Doutorphil

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Engadget app stop working after grd3, reinstalling it didnt solve the problem.

6tag has problems too, no live tile and fb connection.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
How do I enable visit as PC ? Do you mean , mobile version in website preference? Also I wasn't like that on my phone yesterday and my work mate has a Lumia 920 and I checked it on his phone today and his pictures were sized properly, he's on gdr2/amber

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
How do I enable visit as PC ? Do you mean , mobile version in website preference? Also I wasn't like that on my phone yesterday and my work mate has a Lumia 920 and I checked it on his phone today and his pictures were sized properly, he's on gdr2/amber

oh, yup I meant that I switch from "mobile version" to "PC version" in IE's settings, and then I'm visiting m.facebook.com.

m.facebook.com visited with 'mobile version' turned on... is in fact --> touch.facebook.com

I was unable to see whole image via "touch.facebook.com" since the day I bought my Lumia :-(
However, you can open this photo and hit 'view full size' below to see whole photo (including hidden part).
So the point is, it's not GDR3.. at least for me, because I experienced this issue before update. ;)
Have no idea why it's not working properly..

moledj

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it's just one app, but just in case, let's use this thread to list your device and which apps no longer work after installing GDR3.

Lumia 1020: Tapatalk opens, but can no longer open any of the forums I had in there.

Edit: This error also shows for some people on GDR2. Still, it worked for me on this 1020 before upgrading to GDR3.

Edit2: Tapatalk now works again for me, and not many people report a problem with it on GDR3. Maybe just general bugginess.

We are internally testing next update of Tapatalk with gdr3

Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro1_375 using Tapatalk

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have filed a bug report for Line. hope they fix it soon. it's just an annoyance.
haven't notice any other bug. overall a great preview

gooper

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Further to the broken WhatsApp reports, my messages will not show as sent, and somehow the old audio API streaming feature seems to have returned! Very strange. Anyone else getting this? (on 8X)

UPDATED: Uninstall and reinstall sorted it. Now working perfectly. I think the "stuck" outgoing message in question must've kept the audio API open whilst the app was in the background.

Last edited:

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Everything for me.
Nothing at all bar pre-installed O/S type features will open (Me hub, Nokia Music, Camera etc..)
For every app, the screen blanks then swings in again as was.

Metro Tube, Facebook Beta, Paperboy, WhatsApp, WPCentral, Bing Weather, Words By Post, AlphaJax, scratch that - EVERY game I have.

Even the screen rotation option in Settings does nothing when pressed, just indents. Nothing.

Worst update ever.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I decided to do a clean install of WhatsApp. I was having some awful delays in my messages being delivered. Not uncommon though... And now I can't even register, saying network issues. My data is fine. I hate WhatsApp. No idea if this is related to the OS and an App compatibility or what.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
oh, yup I meant that I switch from "mobile version" to "PC version" in IE's settings, and then I'm visiting m.facebook.com.

m.facebook.com visited with 'mobile version' turned on... is in fact --> touch.facebook.com

I was unable to see whole image via "touch.facebook.com" since the day I bought my Lumia :-(
However, you can open this photo and hit 'view full size' below to see whole photo (including hidden part).
So the point is, it's not GDR3.. at least for me, because I experienced this issue before update. ;)
Have no idea why it's not working properly..

i just reverted back to gdr2 there and it is fixed, the photos are scaled properly on mobile version of facebook, so it is gdr3 for me lol, not that big a deal but was annoying lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte