GDR3 battery life improvement (or a bug?)

Nemanja Pavlovic

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not seeing a drastic change on my 920 yet. Stand-by consumption seems to be better, but I also feel browsing and gaming draws more power than normal. Need more time.

Syed Mushtaq

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have an 8X too and it seems like the bateery is draining even faster now, not that it was great before the update. I am new to WIN8 phone. I use my phone for business purpose and am already missing a lot of small features in WP that i took for granted in my BB8910. How do i perform a firm update on HTC 8x though?

zvnkt

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Reposting here to say that I've not had my L925 on charge for 1 Day 12 Hours and I'm on 55% with 1 Day 1 Hour remaining so a quick calculation of a total of 2 Days 13 Hours off of a single charge.

Roland
So how did you use your 925? Just let it idle or use intensively. If that battery life along with much usage, it is so desirable.

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you restart? It was the other way for me in GDR3.

My battery rapidly went down to 72% in 30 mins or so after pulling out of charger. Restarted the phone and bam!, it's back to 93%. It's irritating that Microsoft has still not fixed this problem.

Chandra Mohan1

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
After updating to gdre3 .. Battery performance seems to be k ..bt I use to get one and a half day in gdr2.. Bt in gdr3 I get only a day wit u same usage , and in gdr3 vibrater seems to very low.. Can't sense the calls r msg's ... Any one observed about the vibrater...

Chandra Mohan1

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Guys please tel me how to increase vibrate effects.. I'm nt feeling even 10% of effect when I get what's app notifications in silence mood .. Any suggestions

garyjk

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
ever since gdr2, my 8x lasts up to 5 days without recharging. prior to gdr2, I would get a day and a half, maybe 2 days. now, I get at least 4 days and sometimes 5 days. after gdr3, nothing has changed, right now the battery app shows 5 days and 9 hours remaining.

hilleer

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
ever since gdr2, my 8x lasts up to 5 days without recharging. prior to gdr2, I would get a day and a half, maybe 2 days. now, I get at least 4 days and sometimes 5 days. after gdr3, nothing has changed, right now the battery app shows 5 days and 9 hours remaining.

with those numbers you can't Be using your phone much. :p

ahmadpirani

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 925 takes now longer to charge and even faster to discharge. I have only 2 emails that sync (which they don't during the night when the phone locks automatically, remember the WiFi sync bug that is still lurking out there?). I also have he brightness set to automatic. My friend has the same issue on his Lumia 920. We both are on developer release of GDR3.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 925 takes now longer to charge and even faster to discharge. I have only 2 emails that sync (which they don't during the night when the phone locks automatically, remember the WiFi sync bug that is still lurking out there?). I also have he brightness set to automatic. My friend has the same issue on his Lumia 920. We both are on developer release of GDR3.

Actually, brightness on automatic uses more battery power than low. I would sat its probably an app you've dev'd than the gdr3 update since the vast amount of users report an increase in battery life.

shrikant8413

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Battery life has definitely been increased on my Lumia 720. Its been 2 Days and only 50 % battery life is over. Typically i keep my 2G connection on during the day and switch off during the night. Really happy with GDR3 Update. :)

Chandra Mohan1

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
My L920 don't get battery back up as u get.. Bt plz tel me how is the vibration ... In my phone its seems to very low effect can't sense it ! Its totally dump

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My L920 don't get battery back up as u get.. Bt plz tel me how is the vibration ... In my phone its seems to very low effect can't sense it ! Its totally dump

About my Lumia 920, vibration is OK, but it has never been very strong one and It is just on the beginning - so you can make a short ring tone to make vibration exist more (then it work as a vibration - a short ringtone - a vibration - a short ringtone, etc.)

My battery is clearly better now with GDR3 (compared on GDR2) ....

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Someone out there who experience worse battery performance with the 8x since gdr3(dev. Preview) and/or official release with HTC firmware? Before all this it was acceptable after gdr2. But now it's back to after portico update.

Standby its about 4% with only battery sense, whatsapp and Bing weather. In use it goes to up 15% and draining fast. Even though it's some light use. Average lifetime is about 15 hours

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro