GDR3 battery life improvement (or a bug?)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Those who experience or experienced fast battery drain, have you tried to change "Download new content" option in Microsoft account settings to hourly? It has helped me greatly to increase battery life in the past.

well yeah, that improves my battery life, but it always will.

My phone is at 16% right now when typically it would be at about 60%. I haven't even used it as much as I typically would. I'll play around with it tonight to make sure my settings and all are as they should, but right now im feeling like the update killed me. Hell, I even turned off glance altogether and im still not getting my battery life! Lumia 928 btw

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Looking at my battery consumption, it dropped less than 10% over 5 hours. Probably closer to 5% actually. Looking at previous nights, that's definitely better. I usually keep all the sensors on and I have 7 email boxes, FB and Twitter installed on the 928.
wp_ss_20131016_0001.jpg

Mos Sincere

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't be out for more than 5 hours without a charger. Even when doing nothing when I pick it up the phone is warm. I only have 2 background tasks on currently, WhatsApp and Battery.. :angry:wp_ss_20131016_0002.png

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
hmm I'm contemplating if I should update my L920 to update 3 preview or wait till Bittersweet Shimmer is released, from the looks of things I might wait. As it is early days yet, like most I'm eager to see what you guys say about battery life :p and certainly don't want to mess up my L920.. I'd feel like a disconnected cave man without it lol.

I hope you're looking in settings and battery saver % because battery meters don't update until you open them.

That's true, I recently found that to be the case for battery after the numerous updates oddly enough before it would update every 30 minutes - I reckon that is what most are relying on (I know I would be) and also a soft reset restarts the timer between charges :confused: as before it did not.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't be out for more than 5 hours without a charger. Even when doing nothing when I pick it up the phone is warm. I only have 2 background tasks on currently, WhatsApp and Battery.. :angry:View attachment 47149

You're definitely doing something wrong, that's such fast battery drain! Mine WITH drain on GDR1 was about 10-12 hours. Now on GDR3, I'm getting almost 24 hours of runtime.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My battery improved tremendously after GDR2. Weather or not it has improved on top of that with GDR3 is undermined. So, I'm grabbing a battery app to see some numbers.

Nemanja Pavlovic

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Still to early to tell, but I think my battery life is slightly worse after the update. And the phone seems to be heating up under lighter loads than before... Not sure what's going on. Did a soft reset, gonna see if it changes anything over the next few hours.

P40L0

Banned
May 25, 2013
Visit site
My 920 lasted 20+ hours under mid-high usage during the day, and with still 28% battery left.
Impressive result, and definitely a further improvement to GDR2.

GDR3 is so amazing :)

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I definitely see an improvement. Before I was getting a discharge rate of 2-3% per hour in idle state, now it is less than percent! I'm using Insider app to monitor my battery life. :)

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Reposting here to say that I've not had my L925 on charge for 1 Day 12 Hours and I'm on 55% with 1 Day 1 Hour remaining so a quick calculation of a total of 2 Days 13 Hours off of a single charge.

Roland

zvnkt

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
In my case (Lu 920 ATT with Vietnamese Rom), GDR3 improved battery life significantly too.

On Amber, it losed about 3% overnight which is fairly good. But when in use, it drained much faster (eg: 25-30% per hour when surfing the internet via wifi). Now, on GDR3, I surfs continuously via wifi too but the discharged rate is only about 12-15%, which is an improvement of 40-50%. Wow, it's amazing.

I did not test with others task, but I suppose the results are better too.

For the first time, I love MS for this very good update :D

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Someone with a 8X on GDR3 who also got a worse battery performance?
I think HTC have to make a firmware patch for this update..I had the same thing after gdr2. Bad battery perfomance and after an firmware update it was fixed
Now we wait for the official release

Mos Sincere

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
You're definitely doing something wrong, that's such fast battery drain! Mine WITH drain on GDR1 was about 10-12 hours. Now on GDR3, I'm getting almost 24 hours of runtime.

Tried everything I can think of to reduce, had 8 background tasks before and reduced them but still no real joy..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo