Bluetooth tethering ?

potatopower

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I read that bluetooth tethering was one of the features added in GDR3.

how do you use that? I connected my laptop with the phone via bluetooth. Do i still need to enable internet tethering before this step?

Edit: okay got it to work on my home Laptop (with 8.1). As soon as you connect with bluetooth, The internet sharing gets enabled and you see a wireless network available on the laptop. Handy feature !

Was trying it on the work laptop (Win 7) where it wasn't working..

Last edited:

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Lol it's not bluetooth tethering. You need windows 8.1 on a computer or tablet and then they are connect via Bluetooth which allows the computer or tablet to turn on Internet sharing on the phone

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
From the Windows Phone Blog:

"In Update 3, we’ve made it easier to use your phone as a data-savvy hotspot for Windows 8.1 devices. Just pair your phone and Windows 8.1 PC or tablet over Bluetooth, tap your network name, and you'll be connected and ready to go. No need to enter a password or dig out your phone and turn on Internet Sharing—it's done for you."

Are you running Windows 8.1?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Lol it's not bluetooth tethering. You need windows 8.1 on a computer or tablet and then they are connect via Bluetooth which allows the computer or tablet to turn on Internet sharing on the phone

Ohhh..... Windows 8.1 is needed. Okay, 3 more days for me to get that before I can test things. I just hope I finally by-pass the extra fee from my cellular provider for tethering. I don't need it ALL the time. Just when I'm doing the occasional off site when their network is horked and I need to download something to get it up and running.

potatopower

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
OK, I now have W8.1. Paired my phone with my laptop, now what?!?!

Click on the network icon, you should see your phone's internet network available. (aka. your phone would have automatically turned on the internet sharing option).
If while connecing, you select the automatically connect, it will become a straight through process for the future

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte