Is it just me or..

ferovca

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
It seems most of WP8 users are happy with new GDR3 release but.. I think Microsoft jumped several steps ahead and left some basic OS details unchanged:

• sms delivery report
  • call history management
  • small call button in call history (instead making call by pressing contact name)
  • searching contacts by numbers/ABC
  • UI design not uniform (3G on/off, WIFI toggle)
  • toggle settings at home screen
  • making call directly by pressing contact tile at home screen
  • searchable phone content

Hope they will fix it in next update/version..

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It seems most of WP8 users are happy with new GDR3 release but.. I think Microsoft jumped several steps ahead and left some basic OS details unchanged:
  • small call button in call history (instead making call by pressing contact name)
  • making call directly by pressing contact tile at home screen

Hope they will fix it in next update/version..

Both of these are designed like this on purpose. For both of these situations, how will you text the person if pressing their name calls them?...

ferovca

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Easy..
#1 instead of round phone button it should be info button which opens profile and access to SMS (as it is now when you press name)
#2 sms tile as a shortcut? if you need it anyway.. i do not.. :)

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
MS will always miss the smaller details of things. That is the problem, they not only need to catch up on features, but they need to have some of the smaller details as well like call times, call details, attachign emails from email app, how much data is being used by what, etcetc.

Probably never gonna happen.

ferovca

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I really do not get it. I mean, we are talking about basics here (SMS delivery report as a SMS without a contact name? in 2013?). They have almost unlimited resources and access to iOS and Android as well. Pick the best stuff from the both worlds, listen what users are saying and you have the best phone OS on the market.

I would really like to hear developers behind WP8 what they have to say about it..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss