03-26-2014 04:37 PM
262 ... 34567 ...
tools
    okay so right now i'm worried.
    I installed GDR3 and everything was going good. everything, that is, except the battery. I went from 100% to 10% in 4 hours by just browsing the web. Now obviously that can't work. So i did a hard reset. Everything went fine. Re=installed all my apps and rearranged the tiles. I then went to change the glance background and that's when i realized i can't.
    GDR3 was installed, but Amber wasn't.
    Now I've been checking for updates for a few hours now and it won't seem to find it. I am worried to say the least. I got this phone off ebay so there is no warranty. Has anyone encountered this? Can anyone give me any help?
    I think I have the same problem as you.
    Can't see the Amber update listed under E & Info though the GDR 3 is the OS in the 'About' section.
    10-17-2013 06:51 PM
    GDR 3 on Lumia 920.
    I have set the autoroate screen to Off, and locked the current orientation to portrait mode.
    Now when i go to settings->system>about
    the screen changes to landscape/portrait mode depending upon how you hold it. (even though its still locked). i have observed this behavior only in "about" screen so far
    10-17-2013 07:03 PM
    My Angry Birds game will not start now after the update... it will reach me till the icon with PLAY and will close and hangs my phone for sometimes and then tried to resume the game and will do the same things.... AAAAGGGG Angry !!!!!!!!
    10-18-2013 01:59 AM
    Auto rotate turned off, but calculator still changes to scientific mode in landscape mode!
    10-18-2013 02:10 AM
    Auto rotate turned off, but calculator still changes to scientific mode in landscape mode!
    lol. That's not bug. Apps can be written to operate differently based on proximity sensor. Auto-rotation is off doesn't mean proximity sensor is off
    10-18-2013 02:55 AM
    Screen doesn't turn off during call must have to click the power button to turn off the screen. After restarting phone screen works fort only one call after one call the same issue arises.
    10-18-2013 04:03 AM
    The store doesn't show the updated app the day it releases it shows notifications after 3-5 days or may be week. There should be options to check for update apps in store to check manually also
    10-18-2013 04:07 AM
    Auto rotate shouldn't affect the pictures opened from the gallery [ off course , im not talking about gallery only opened pic]. so that user can see the big picture upon rotating screen.
    10-18-2013 04:09 AM
    I think this update has totally screwed my phone.
    I have email accounts that won't sync and my profile and messages no longer sync.
    This seems to of happened after a hard reset.
    My advice, Don't Hard Reset!!
    Last edited by greycounciller; 10-18-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    10-18-2013 04:50 AM
    toast notifications have stopped working on lumia 720.does anyone else have such problem?
    10-18-2013 07:16 AM
    I wouldn't make your decision off this thread. Many of these reported bugs are not universal. This is a very stable update, as far as I'm concerned.
    Exactly. I haven't had any issues or come across any "bugs" whatsoever with this "dev preview" GDR3 update on my 1020. I love this phone more and more... with each update it just gets better and better! Everything is working perfectly!
    jorgejlt likes this.
    10-18-2013 07:37 AM
    Internet connectivity have been made a disaster on my L1020. I notice IE can't connect, search button is having issues with Bing to connect. I would guess all problems with apps is not incompatibility, its just something with internet that's been screw'd.
    I listend to Paul Thurrott and thought it to be rather safe. Been on the fence to upgrade. So far in regret it.
    Not one single connectivity issue here on my 1020. If anything, my signal reception has been even better than it was before. Of course I'm in a heavily populated AT&T LTE region (always showing at least 4-5 bars of LTE and get 35-40 Mbps data download speeds).
    10-18-2013 07:44 AM
    OK, I've had NO problems with the GDR3 preview on my phone, however ...
    - on install, the phone rebooted, then I did a reboot, also
    - Connectivity issues - took me a day (after GDR2) to realize the WiFi settings got changed - check for "stay connected" in WiFi
    - Battery seems to be better, but ...
    - Wireless charging pad -seems to behave differently, phone continues to wake up ... bears watching
    - Those who took GDR3 w/o GDR2 - you'll need to flash your phone (use NSU) to GDR2, then try GDR3 (or just stay w GDR2)

I like the updates brought w GDR3, would NOT go back - but I don't use WhatsApp or Line which seem to have issues - my apps ALL seem to work, though as of this writing, I haven't tried Angry Birds ...
    10-18-2013 08:07 AM
    The store doesn't show the updated app the day it releases it shows notifications after 3-5 days or may be week. There should be options to check for update apps in store to check manually also
    If you have some apps that you would like to check for updates on a daily basis, you can always install SysApp Pusher. In that app, you have all the brand apps (Nokia, Samsung, HTC) but you can also add your own apps so with one press of a button, it will check for you.

If you really want to, you could add all your apps!

Just to give you an idea: The store on my phone checks everyday at around 6h00 AM. So any apps that becomes available after that time, I will get the tile update the next day. For me 6tag (since he brings a lot of updates with cool new features) I added that app into SysApp Pusher. Now this morning I've ran that app and sure enough the 6tag ver.2.0 is out...downloading now!!!
    10-18-2013 08:33 AM
    Phone memory and SD memory loads slowly---wp_ss_20131018_0001.pngwp_ss_20131018_0002.pngwp_ss_20131018_0003.png check the screenshots
    10-18-2013 08:53 AM
    Install SysApp Pusher, one click to check for update
    10-18-2013 09:29 AM
    I think I have the same problem as you.
    Can't see the Amber update listed under E & Info though the GDR 3 is the OS in the 'About' section.
    update the "extra-info" app from Nokia and will show you the amber update, to get all functionality of amber you must to update all Nokia apps! :D I hope this help
    10-18-2013 10:17 AM
    Guys vibration's seems to very low effect.. I'm nt abt to sense any feeling in silence mood when I'm getting call's, msg, notification...!
    10-18-2013 12:37 PM
    After update my battery discharge quickly more quickly...
    10-18-2013 12:55 PM
    My mom sent me a picture, and when I open the thread in messaging with her, the app crashes. Idk why. I tried soft resetting and doing nokia storage.
    10-18-2013 12:56 PM
    update the "extra-info" app from Nokia and will show you the amber update, to get all functionality of amber you must to update all Nokia apps! :D I hope this help
    No, already did this. I think the problem is more serious.
    I was unable to sync the main account to my phone so couldn't retrieve any contact or text information.
    I got so fed up with it all I tried to revert back to GDR2. I found that NCS 5.0 just show's the phone as being in 'flash mode' and as an 'unsupported device'. It is also not showing up automatically when using the "Product Support Tool" in NCS 5.0.
    Because of all this, I flashed it as a dead phone back to GDR2 and the above are still the same, but I got the phone fully working. My main account finally synched after numerous tries as with my texts. I just updated NSU to version 4.1.0 and that too doesn't reconise my phone unless I power it off before connecting. It has offered an update to back to GDR 2 which I'll probably run later as I think this phone's had it.
    Unless there are any other ideas?
    10-18-2013 03:23 PM
    No, already did this. I think the problem is more serious.
    I was unable to sync the main account to my phone so couldn't retrieve any contact or text information.
    I got so fed up with it all I tried to revert back to GDR2. I found that NCS 5.0 just show's the phone as being in 'flash mode' and as an 'unsupported device'. It is also not showing up automatically when using the "Product Support Tool" in NCS 5.0.
    Because of all this, I flashed it as a dead phone back to GDR2 and the above are still the same, but I got the phone fully working. My main account finally synched after numerous tries as with my texts. I just updated NSU to version 4.1.0 and that too doesn't reconise my phone unless I power it off before connecting. It has offered an update to back to GDR 2 which I'll probably run later as I think this phone's had it.
    Unless there are any other ideas?
    nokia has a program to dowmgrade the software, have you tried?
    10-18-2013 10:29 PM
    @Gulliams
    Not sure what program you mean, but as per post, after applying many work arounds, the phone is now fully functioning, but what worries me is that in NCS 5 and NSU, it will only flash from a 'Dead' state. The new NSU shows I can reapply GDR2(xxxx.2021) update, but states 'some or all of your data will be lost'. Is it worth doing as the phone is working?
    10-19-2013 02:22 AM
    After 5 days ago I don't see any bug in my Lumia 920

Sent from my nokia lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    10-19-2013 03:37 AM
    Why is MICROSOFT not hearing us. Im from India. I cant use my Lumia 820 for 3G. WTF.
    What's a smartphone then for.Dont even meet the basic functions.
    No 3G only option. I thought it'll get fixed at least in GDR3.
    When i switch highest speed to 3G, my network shows H, then H+ ,then 3G n finally E all in a few seconds. Ultimately i cant access net. And 2G is slow like hell here. Why cant you provide a basic function,after all its a smart phone. I get good 3G signal in my other devices.I spent ₹25k for this ****.and paying like a fool for BSNL 3G. Hell with it.
    Even field test is disabled since gdr2. Adding screen rotation lock, custom tone and all ****s matter only after you develop a stable OS. Such a stupid OS. Need to stand near the windows for getting 3G. Really WINDOWS PHONE..Going back to android. ONLY TO USE INTERNET ON MY PHONE.I don't know why such lame people are employed in MS. SHAME ON YOU MS.
    10-19-2013 04:23 AM
262 ... 34567 ...