03-26-2014 04:37 PM
262 ... 56789 ...
tools
    This started happening to me (HTC 8X) about 2 days ago. I thought it was just being slow as it could sometimes take upto 15sec to show the apps+games usage but now it refuses to show anything. The same goes for documents, maps, e-mail+messaging and temporary files. I've rebooted a couple of times. 'Make More Space' still counts up normally allbeit differently.
    I've now done a hard reset (for a different reason) and I've got the full compliment of storage stats back. Really liked the new feature that allowed me to connect to WiFi and add a proxy before restoring my backup. I didn't even turn on my mobile data connection during the whole process! I will keep an eye on whether the problem returns.
    10-25-2013 07:41 AM
    another bug , Email alert tone is automatically resetting to "None"
    wp_ss_20131025_0008.png
    10-25-2013 10:09 AM
    Is anyone else having a problem with their mic when not on a call? My external mic doesn't seem to be working (voice activation, skype video calls, etc). Annoying as I'm unable to use my phone on loud speaker if needed..
    10-25-2013 10:14 AM
    Works fine here
    10-25-2013 10:15 AM
    Also when I go connect my phone to my PC it would back up the original versions of my pictures and videos, that doesn't seem to be happening any more. Not sure how to fix.. :-/
    10-25-2013 10:17 AM
    Works fine here
    Is that with regards to your mic?
    10-25-2013 10:18 AM
    I am facing the mic issue, the call quality has taken a considerable beating, any way to resolve it?
    Same here. Lumia 920 on AT&T with GDR3 and NO ONE can understand me when making or receiving a call using the phone next to my ear. It ONLY works when on speakerphone or Bluetooth... Any resolution to this?
    10-25-2013 02:37 PM
    I do not know if this is a Update 3/GDR3 bug but my boss just sent me a contact via txt message (from an iPhone with iOS7). I received it but it was missing the email address. The other guy who got the message, showed it to me and he had the email address (iPhone with iOS7).
    10-25-2013 04:24 PM
    Is that with regards to your mic?
    Yes
    10-26-2013 03:32 PM
    Me too! When calling, people can't hear me. Recording video is just fine. I also cleaned holes. Lumia 920. Going for hard reset!
    10-26-2013 06:17 PM
    An hard reset fixed the mic problem :)
    10-26-2013 06:40 PM
    The multitasking icon for phone storage is the Xbox music icon
    10-26-2013 06:41 PM
    WiFi gets stuck if i leave the phone for a while, have to turn off then on again.. Happens 3-5 times a day, everyday.
    didn't happen before.
    James8561 likes this.
    10-26-2013 06:53 PM
    The issue I have is that after a day of tethering through WiFi hotspot and auto connecting Bluetooth in the car, the phone will no longer emit sounds. It's as though it's still connected to Bluetooth in the car. Even with Bluetooth toggled off, no sounds work. At this point, toggling hotspot results in an error that it can't turn on. Bluetooth won't turn on either. I have to soft reset. I've had to do this on several days already.

I am using ATT 920 on gdr3.
    10-26-2013 07:49 PM
    It seems that 3G heat up the less than GDR2. Anyone can confirm?
    10-27-2013 03:10 AM
    Random reboots is the only thing I've noticed.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    10-27-2013 07:50 AM
    On my Lumia 520, Phone Storage was working fine then yesterday I've noticed that it's full of 0 bytes.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...06983280_n.jpg

i have the same problem on my ativ s...any solution for this issue? I don't want hr my phone....

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk
    10-27-2013 03:02 PM
    I have the same problem. I have around 10 ring and text tones added to the file... but only half show up in the menu... I cant see why all the same format, doesn't seem to have anything to do with file size of length. Cant work it out.
    10-28-2013 06:47 AM
    reencoded to CBR128 and rebooted. Fixed now.
    10-28-2013 07:07 AM
    After I updated my Lumia 925 to GDR3, every once in a while (maybe once every 2 weeks), when I wake phone up from sleep, the graphics on the screen will be completely distorted, as if the video driver failed - imagine 254-bit graphics with image location being in a strange place. Simply locking it back and waking up again solves the problem. No really any other issues. Makes me wonder - didn't have this with GDR2, happened twice so far with GDR3. Screen responsive as normal. Anyone experienced similar problems? I usually have this happen when Nokia Glance is turned on... Maybe that has to do with it. Don't have anything really to point to defective handware...mostly sounds like a bug.
    10-28-2013 10:20 AM
    After I updated my Lumia 925 to GDR3, every once in a while (maybe once every 2 weeks), when I wake phone up from sleep, the graphics on the screen will be completely distorted, as if the video driver failed - imagine 254-bit graphics with image location being in a strange place. Simply locking it back and waking up again solves the problem. No really any other issues. Makes me wonder - didn't have this with GDR2, happened twice so far with GDR3. Screen responsive as normal. Anyone experienced similar problems? I usually have this happen when Nokia Glance is turned on... Maybe that has to do with it. Don't have anything really to point to defective handware...mostly sounds like a bug.
    i too have exactly the same prob.. But it was seen before Gdr3. As u said,once in 2 weeks or so.. I think its cos of glance.. My prob started since gdr2. And im using 820
    10-28-2013 10:26 AM
    Or is it hardware prob?
    10-28-2013 10:27 AM
    Or is it hardware prob?
    I sure hope it is no a hardware problem. I would imagine I would have issues at other times if it were hardware, but for me it usually happens when glance comes on and I try to wake it up. My phone is no more than 2 months old, never dropped (knock on wood). First time that happened when Glance Background came out and I set it up. Then I disabled background, and it happened yesterday when I pulled phone out of pocket, glance came on, and when I unlocked it - that exact thing happened. I am glad I am not alone, though. I hope we get some more comments on that. But I would imagine if it were some strange hardware problem, it would happen at other times when in use. The screen is flawless otherwise. I am guessing some bug, maybe we should disable glance and see if that helps. The problem is that it is so infrequent that it is hard to catch. When I had GDR2, my glance was disabled, so I guess that's why I never saw it and it may be the culprit. Let me know.
    10-28-2013 11:26 AM
    I sure hope it is no a hardware problem. I would imagine I would have issues at other times if it were hardware, but for me it usually happens when glance comes on and I try to wake it up. My phone is no more than 2 months old, never dropped (knock on wood). First time that happened when Glance Background came out and I set it up. Then I disabled background, and it happened yesterday when I pulled phone out of pocket, glance came on, and when I unlocked it - that exact thing happened. I am glad I am not alone, though. I hope we get some more comments on that. But I would imagine if it were some strange hardware problem, it would happen at other times when in use. The screen is flawless otherwise. I am guessing some bug, maybe we should disable glance and see if that helps. The problem is that it is so infrequent that it is hard to catch. When I had GDR2, my glance was disabled, so I guess that's why I never saw it and it may be the culprit. Let me know.
    ya that bug started only after gdr2 since glance was introduced. I too have it only very rarely wen i unlock, exactly as u described. My 820 has also never suffered a hardware insult/fall.. So mostly related to glance screen.. It so rare that most of us don't notice or just ignore...
    10-28-2013 12:12 PM
    Every time , I restart my phone , there is a increase in phone's (System ) internal memory. I hope it doesn't create restore points just like in our PC/Laptop whenever there is any event/update .
    Temporary files do get deleted , just have to click on delete and then leave the phone. It works , 100 MB deleted in 24 hrs.
    10-29-2013 04:02 AM
262 ... 56789 ...