GDR3 Developer Preview Bug List

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Please post your bugs with screenshots in this thread - remember this is a developer preview and may have bugs that some see, some don't.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Bug in GDR3, bing icon

Press the search button to open bing and then hold the back button and notice that the icon for bing is the maps icon! :O

IzaacJ

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
No matter what I've tried custom ringtones/notifications does not show up when put in the Ringtones folder.
All are less than 3 seconds long, ~25kb in size and DRM free mp3s. Even a package of Borderlands 2 sounds released by Major Nelson is missing.
Tried with Nokia Ringtone Maker but the sounds doesn't show up in the music hub even if they're in the music folder so no luck there.

flawless73

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The custom ring tones do work I download free ringtones its the white music note with a blue background download your ring tones from it and save to phone once that's done go to your ringtone selection and your downloads will be under custom and there's your custom ring tones for all options. And yes its cumbersome just to change your notificatios to custom.

lexus232

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 925 has shutdown twice already while in my pocket. There's a delay between pressing screen wake up button and actual wake up.
Two bugs, both significant IMO.

IzaacJ

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
@flawless73, Well, ringtones I've used before doesn't even show up now, so I guess something else is the problem. And tones downloaded through alot of ringtone apps doesn't show up either. :(

EDIT: Got the DRM free tones (I converted them from WAV to MP3) to show up in music hub, but nokia ringtone maker can't open them... Can't figure out whats wrong!

Last edited:

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
My phone now doesnt show name of person who calling me. Even after receiving call in recent list it shows only number, not that name. And this is regardless on the phone format I use :(

rikipy

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
the icon of Bing Search is the Maps HAHA

YEIdBsM.png

holysheyat

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Wifi crashed overnight while wireless charging. This was the first time that has happened for me. I went to settings, Wifi showed it was on and searching, but nothing showing up in the list. Also, I couldn't toggle wifi off (grayed out), so I had to reboot the phone. Worked normally after reboot though.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bug in GDR3, bing icon

Press the search button to open bing and then hold the back button and notice that the icon for bing is the maps icon! :O

fun fact: if you press the search key, then immediately after open the multitask menu, it'll say that its the map app, not just the icon

tbonecopper

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
GDR3 - Custom SMS / Email / Voicemail Tones - Anyone else having issues?

Anyone else with the GDR3 update having issues adding custom tones to their device? I've connected the device to my computer (Windows 7), open My Computer > Right click on the Lumia 1020 icon > explore / open > open "Ringtones" folder > drag / drop the .mp3 tones to that folder..

Only 1 of them is showing on my phone. See images below. The other two are downloaded from one of the Ringtone apps...

Edit: sending them to my phone via xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net and attaching to the e-mail, works. When delivered, I can save them to the device with no issue.

lumia-view.jpgwp_ss_20131015_0001.jpg

Last edited:

elyod

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I am not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but it annoys me. Here is the situation: when you have multiple applications open and you are on the start screen, the multitasking screen shows the start screen, however when you are in an application and enter the multitasking screen, the start screen isn't there. You have to press the start button. Can anyone comment on whether this was the case in GDR2?

JainPrateek

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Play a song..try pressing the back button and close the music app using the x button..The app closes but the song keeps playing.. What kind of sorcery is this? :O

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Play a song..try pressing the back button and close the music app using the x button..The app closes but the song keeps playing.. What kind of sorcery is this? :O

As far as I understand it, the app itself closes but the background process that actually plays the music doesn't close, so I think it's not a bug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte