GDR3 Developer Preview Bug List

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My "me tile" stock on a pic and it doesn't matters how many times I change it, it change for couple seconds and then return to keep stock on the old one!

I had to actually go to Facebook and delete the picture from the site. Once I did that, my updated pic remained on my "me" tile.

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
GDR3: Screen no longer closes blacks out in a call, must press power button.

Hey All,

So on a Lumia 920 and decided to take the jump to GDR3 (feel free to check out my one app in the forums ;). It all seemed to be going well, but recently the phone stopped auto triggering the screen on/off when I'm in a call. Has anyone else noted this? I'm pretty sure i've not toggled any such setting and I can't see where to do otherwise.

sauravkm

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey All,
I installed GDR3 preview yesterday, but now my microphone seems to have run into some sort of trouble,
while making call , the audio quality is pathetic.People cant seem to hear me.
has anyone faced similar issues, any way to resolve it.

lumia 620 User

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Find my phone no longer has an option to enable/disable. I get the options to send apps by push and to save location periodically, but no toggle to turn off. This may be a feature and not a bug.

Find my phone hasn't had that since before Amber, when I first got my phone it did have it & wouldn't stay on,
when I downloaded Windows Phone App for desktop and tested it out it then stayed on and the enable/disable soon disappeared.
That is not new at least not new for many including me.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Play a song..try pressing the back button and close the music app using the x button..The app closes but the song keeps playing.. What kind of sorcery is this? :O

On my Lumia 810 that's always been the case, that's why for months there's been several apps to stop the music from playing.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Internet connectivity have been made a disaster on my L1020. I notice IE can't connect, search button is having issues with Bing to connect. I would guess all problems with apps is not incompatibility, its just something with internet that's been screw'd.
I listend to Paul Thurrott and thought it to be rather safe. Been on the fence to upgrade. So far in regret it.

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but it annoys me. Here is the situation: when you have multiple applications open and you are on the start screen, the multitasking screen shows the start screen, however when you are in an application and enter the multitasking screen, the start screen isn't there. You have to press the start button. Can anyone comment on whether this was the case in GDR2?

It's not bug

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Check and notify when updates are available is now missing from phone update. The only option now is to automatically download.

The 'check for updates' button is still there, what's missing is the check box 'Tell me when updates are available'. That's probably because we now have the the Preview for Developers app installed.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
The GPS now fails to detect location all the time. I tried using HERE services, Jack of Tools Pro, wifi mapping with data sense but it doesn't work with any of them. This NEEDS to be fixed.

I haven't had any issues with location services, if anything, Here maps 'finds' me even quicker but that could just be a perception thing.

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
When i take my phone out from the pocket, i can't see toast notification. The proximity sensor seems not working well now in gdr3 preview . In gdr2 toast notification would showed up even i waited for few seconds before took out my 620 from the pocket.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The GPS now fails to detect location all the time. I tried using HERE services, Jack of Tools Pro, wifi mapping with data sense but it doesn't work with any of them. This NEEDS to be fixed.

i Think it will work sometimes. Internet stops working sometimes but it comes back again after awhile. If not, restart your phone. Worked on my 1020.
Oh how I wished I didn't update.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Lumia 920 with GDR3:

920 has randomly rebooted twice (that I know of). Both times it has happened when the device was just sitting on my desk next to me. I hear a vibration like a test message notification, but when I look over, I see the AT&T logo on my screen and my device reboots.

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site
okay so right now i'm worried.
I installed GDR3 and everything was going good. everything, that is, except the battery. I went from 100% to 10% in 4 hours by just browsing the web. Now obviously that can't work. So i did a hard reset. Everything went fine. Re=installed all my apps and rearranged the tiles. I then went to change the glance background and that's when i realized i can't.
GDR3 was installed, but Amber wasn't.
Now I've been checking for updates for a few hours now and it won't seem to find it. I am worried to say the least. I got this phone off ebay so there is no warranty. Has anyone encountered this? Can anyone give me any help?

Selfie13

May 17, 2012
Visit site
from what i am reading here in this blog , i am taking my decision back to be on Amber with GDR2 on my 920. I wanted to install but then after reading about these bugs ,i'm not really sure.

Stay away from GDR3 right now, I cannot not believe this update was released in a so-called developer preview. I have a 920 as well, just received GDR2+Amber on 10th and now this Update 3 has really made my phone bat-**** crazy. I've never experienced bugs like this in all my Win phones since it was announced. Ex. I can't use my wireless charger anymore, if I do, it's constantly disconnecting and reconnecting and sound notification's turn on and off every other 2 secs. Very strange, but im not the only one with this problem, that is just 1 out of the many more I could write a book with.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been lucky. Gdr3 has done nothing but drastically improve the performance of my phone and its battery. Not one single glitch or problem. I was having many of the problems selfie13 described since the day I got my 920. Nothing fixed those problems except gdr3. Glad I'm FINALLY on the good end of an update with WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb