GDR3 Developer Preview Bug List

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
update the "extra-info" app from Nokia and will show you the amber update, to get all functionality of amber you must to update all Nokia apps! :D I hope this help

No, already did this. I think the problem is more serious.
I was unable to sync the main account to my phone so couldn't retrieve any contact or text information.
I got so fed up with it all I tried to revert back to GDR2. I found that NCS 5.0 just show's the phone as being in 'flash mode' and as an 'unsupported device'. It is also not showing up automatically when using the "Product Support Tool" in NCS 5.0.
Because of all this, I flashed it as a dead phone back to GDR2 and the above are still the same, but I got the phone fully working. My main account finally synched after numerous tries as with my texts. I just updated NSU to version 4.1.0 and that too doesn't reconise my phone unless I power it off before connecting. It has offered an update to back to GDR 2 which I'll probably run later as I think this phone's had it.
Unless there are any other ideas?

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
No, already did this. I think the problem is more serious.
I was unable to sync the main account to my phone so couldn't retrieve any contact or text information.
I got so fed up with it all I tried to revert back to GDR2. I found that NCS 5.0 just show's the phone as being in 'flash mode' and as an 'unsupported device'. It is also not showing up automatically when using the "Product Support Tool" in NCS 5.0.
Because of all this, I flashed it as a dead phone back to GDR2 and the above are still the same, but I got the phone fully working. My main account finally synched after numerous tries as with my texts. I just updated NSU to version 4.1.0 and that too doesn't reconise my phone unless I power it off before connecting. It has offered an update to back to GDR 2 which I'll probably run later as I think this phone's had it.
Unless there are any other ideas?

nokia has a program to dowmgrade the software, have you tried?

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@Gulliams
Not sure what program you mean, but as per post, after applying many work arounds, the phone is now fully functioning, but what worries me is that in NCS 5 and NSU, it will only flash from a 'Dead' state. The new NSU shows I can reapply GDR2(xxxx.2021) update, but states 'some or all of your data will be lost'. Is it worth doing as the phone is working?

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Why is MICROSOFT not hearing us. Im from India. I cant use my Lumia 820 for 3G. WTF.
What's a smartphone then for.Dont even meet the basic functions.
No 3G only option. I thought it'll get fixed at least in GDR3.
When i switch highest speed to 3G, my network shows H, then H+ ,then 3G n finally E all in a few seconds. Ultimately i cant access net. And 2G is slow like hell here. Why cant you provide a basic function,after all its a smart phone. I get good 3G signal in my other devices.I spent ₹25k for this ****.and paying like a fool for BSNL 3G. Hell with it.
Even field test is disabled since gdr2. Adding screen rotation lock, custom tone and all ****s matter only after you develop a stable OS. Such a stupid OS. Need to stand near the windows for getting 3G. Really WINDOWS PHONE..Going back to android. ONLY TO USE INTERNET ON MY PHONE.I don't know why such lame people are employed in MS. SHAME ON YOU MS.

TheRem

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
On my Lumia 520, Phone Storage was working fine then yesterday I've noticed that it's full of 0 bytes.

1375215_312713555534466_406983280_n.jpg

Attachments

• Phone Storage.jpg
    Phone Storage.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 13

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Having an issue with rate and review, I write the review select the stars send however I go back to see if it works didn't send tried again nothing.

Laird Rixford

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
This. Plus various severe app crashes including messaging and camera. Hard reset, no joy.

On the screen delay, it goes away if your turn off automatic brightness control.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

WaleedAlZoghby

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I have a problem with Facebook app that I can't see any images while using the app ex: profiles pics & feeds images. The same problem on the facebook mobile-web version doesn't get the style so I can't see any images also!! , I faced this problem after upgrading my Lumia 920 to the preview version.... Any one faced this problem? Note: this problem with Facebook only, the remaining social apps works fine on client even the web-mobile versions

Chandra Mohan1

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Guys after updating to gdr3 . I got a problem in vibrate please tel me any one has a problem in vibrate.....! Vibration level is seems to be very low ! Can't recognize calls, msg , notifications when in silence mood.. Please reply..?:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Only bug I've encountered since I updated is the volume. I've always kept my volume on 13. Since GDR3, I've added custom text ones and kept the volume on 15, but whenever I restart my phone, it goes back down to 13..annoying.

WaleedAlZoghby

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I have a problem with Facebook app that I can't see any images while using the app ex: profiles pics & feeds images. The same problem on the facebook mobile-web version doesn't get the style so I can't see any images also!! , I faced this problem after upgrading my Lumia 920 to the preview version.... Any one faced this problem? Note: this problem with Facebook only, the remaining social apps works fine on client even the web-mobile versions

the problem because of the OS changed the date to July (3 months before) automatically without any notifications (Note: I disabled the auto update feature of date-time & i configure it manually)
so that the Facebook won't bring the pics.

Jakob F

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Unable to change sms-sound after gdr3update. The sound played is not avaliable on the list, and I seem to be stuck with it. All other soundfeatures worx fine. Lumia 820.

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Unable to change sms-sound after gdr3update. The sound played is not avaliable on the list, and I seem to be stuck with it. All other soundfeatures worx fine. Lumia 820.

Have you tried connect your phone to laptop. I can change custom text tone by drag and drop files to the ringtone folder when my phone connected to laptop. But for 3rd party apps like whatsapp, i can't change the notification sound.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb