GDR3 Developer Preview Bug List

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It shows Insider as open many a times but turns out to be some other app always

Sent from my RM-821_im_mea3_515 using Tapatalk

Because you might be using Inside app shortcuts [Tiles]. So for each shortcut, the app will be invoked and thus you will see an instance for that.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I noticed a very slight lag in touch after switching from app to app, or after sliding the lockscreen.

i am used to sliding up my lockscreen, then quickly type in may passcode, now after GDR3, after i slide the lockscreen up, the first number i press isnt getting registered, i have to wait a split of a sec. for the screen to work.

same as when exiting and app and going back to the Start screen, same issue, i am not able to scroll as soon as the Start screen is loaded, the scroll isnt registered, i also have to wait a littile bit.

now why i am saying this, because i do these habitually now, my fingers are used to it and the WP experience, therefor obviously something changed, its a bit slower.
every time i open the my phone, i have to type the passcode twice, i know ill get used to the lag, but why is it there??

anyone noticed this?

Lumia 720

Same issue on my 925

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
When I first put the GDR3 preview on my phone, it really messed up a lot of things and I don't think it was working properly such as the odd behaviour of the screen lock, email accounts of synching, battery drain, apps not opening and loss of all notifications. Now, after numerous resets/flashings I got it back to GDR2 and have tried the preview again. NOW it is running as intended. (I didn't realise screen lock worked in IE!)
It makes me believe that if you have an underlying problem on your phone and flash upto the GDR3 preview, it will cause your handset to behave indifferently in some way. Mine may of been an extreme case, but others seem to be milder which may be why some defects as mentioned in above 2 posts affect one handset and not another?

Cabooservb

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
App installs no longer worked (xaps or from the store), it downloads, goes to install then says attension required.
Reinstallation of OS did not help, had to flash back to GDR2 and then re upgrade to GDR3 to fix.

dinesh84d

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Skydrive folders in Photos hub are not getting synced and preview image is also not available (just grey tile).

Both the problems were corrected in GDR2 and now after updating to GDR3 preview, the problem has came back.

Very annoying.

dinesh84d

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Bing search (through search button) image doesn't rotate now. Previously it rotated automatically from portrait to landscape and vice-versa based on the position the phone is held.

I noticed it recently only. Don't know if this feature has been disabled from the Microsoft side all over or this problem is with me alone.

For all quick jumpers, my rotation lock is on and rotation works perfectly well in other applications.

Mandak Zdravo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Problem with Bluetooth. Bluetooth open O.K., finding device, but I can't send file, photo etc. Connect is 2 -Snap1.jpg 3 second and after it is Not Connected. Nokia Lumia 520.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Bing search (through search button) image doesn't rotate now. Previously it rotated automatically from portrait to landscape and vice-versa based on the position the phone is held.

I noticed it recently only. Don't know if this feature has been disabled from the Microsoft side all over or this problem is with me alone.

For all quick jumpers, my rotation lock is on and rotation works perfectly well in other applications.

Bing image rotation works for me on a T-Mobile 925

Silent Night

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Since I updated to GDR3 I haven't received any app updates through the store. My store live tile no longer updates and it doesn't show the updates when I open the app either. I can only update my apps by going to the store page manually and pressing update. I'm leaving the 6tag update uninstalled to see how long it takes (if ever) to register updates. Its been more than a week since that 6tag update was released.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
my lock screen will sometimes becomes 6bit colour but when i try to take a screenshot, the screenshot is normal... . my phone's touch response becomes quite bad and lags alot and hangs a lot, irresponsive....

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I already complained about FB sync (contact pics) and 100+ pic ablums, but now I find some contacts don't even get the news feed synced.. Sucks balls.. :(

Jakeway

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
my lock screen will sometimes becomes 6bit colour but when i try to take a screenshot, the screenshot is normal... . my phone's touch response becomes quite bad and lags alot and hangs a lot, irresponsive....

I am sure this is to do with glacnescreen. I think glance screen runs in 8bit colour to save power. I get this strange effect sometimes but it fixes itself by going in and out of stand by.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Since I updated to GDR3 I haven't received any app updates through the store. My store live tile no longer updates and it doesn't show the updates when I open the app either. I can only update my apps by going to the store page manually and pressing update. I'm leaving the 6tag update uninstalled to see how long it takes (if ever) to register updates. Its been more than a week since that 6tag update was released.

This has been happening since 2010. Clear your IE cache, unpin the store tile, & reset by holding down the vol down + power & release on vibrate. When it comes back up, repin the tile. Warning, this might freeze your other tiles for a while, & you might need to perform this a few times, but it will definitely fix it.

anon(8057870)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Because you might be using Inside app shortcuts [Tiles]. So for each shortcut, the app will be invoked and thus you will see an instance for that.

don't think so because it even takes me to twitter which is no way related to insider. In the multitasking preview it just shows blank screen but upon selection goes to different app

Sent from my RM-821_im_mea3_515 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs