[SOLVED] Samsung Ativ S: Cant install any app

azharisadig

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Ativ S: Cant install any app

Actually changing email could be a problem, your phone is associated with that account. Another thing that comes to mind, check date and time, set il manually. Check region, language and format and eventually try to install a new app (any app that you didn't previously had on your phone). See if that helps.
Thanks a lot, i thought about that too, i even took the simcard out, and add the dates and time manually. I solved the problem by flashing back to GDR2 http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ck-gdr3-samsung-ativ-s-i8750.html#post2177330

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
GDR3 works flawless on my ATIV S... tried all the apps you were having issues with and even deleted, redownloaded and used without any issues

j3reun

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Ativ S: Cant install any app

Try to install new keyboard. Once the process is completed, it will tell you about an update. Install this and everything should be fine.
Hope it helps and do follow up.

Can you confirm that this also works? I don't like flashing phone's of my friends :p

Cabooservb

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Same issue on my phone.
A few days after joining the dev preview I was unable to install xaps on my phone via the deployment tool.
Then I noticed the store would not allow any installs.

Factory resetting just made things worse as even built in applications were not installing (i.e. samsung diagnostics).

Microsoft support were no help and my provider wanted me to return the phone for reinstallation (10 working day turn around!).

So I took the dive and flashed by the method listed earlier in this thread.
Once the custom GDR2 was installed I signed up for the dev preview again and installed GDR3.
The only thing that would not work was my cellular internet and mms messaging.
I had to contact my provider to get those settings and manually entered them into:
Settings>Mobile Network>edit internet apn
Settings>Mobile Network>edit mms apn

All is working fine now.
Will post in the coming days if installs fall over again.

spy_kobz

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Sir i have a big problem, i have update my ativ s with gdr3. After a day it works smoothly, then i decided to hard reset. After i cant see people hub in the menu. When i tried hard reseting again, it shows a blank screen but when i touch the power button i see the lock screen picture.. Please help

Imperial Dynamics

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
update: I too flashed GDR2 and problems gone away. Not a very pleasant experience :) Especially as it gave me a "Partition information is not equal" warning! did you have that warning as well? I read somewhere that it is ok and shouldn't be an issue, you just ignore it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa