Is it worth the risk?

WP8sNewest

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I read all the articles about the GDR3 update, and I think that there really cool. It just that I heard that once you download the preview it voids your warranty and it wont be reinstated even when the actually update is released. This is only an issue because my phone has been acting iffy lately and I might need to replace it. Another concern is that if I do download it and it bricks my phone then i'm pretty much screwed. So from anybody that has it, has it worked? is it really worth it? because I really want it.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It may void your warranty. Technically, they'd have to prove the OS update was the root cause if the problem.

Also, I don't see how you could brick the device with an OTA software update. Even if you get stuck with the spinning gears, there's a fox for that.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded Amber/GDR2 almost 3 weeks before T Mobile released it, I used NSU to install it after I did it didn't show my
phone as having a US Warranty in fact it said 0
I kept checking the next few weeks to see if that info changed but still 0, but a week after TM released Amber it showed as having a US Warranty.
Last evening I installed GDR3 when I just now connected to NSU it says "In-warranty in the US" if Nokia's own software can't tell can your local ATT
or T Mobile if you have to send it in for repair will Nokia even check the OS or will they just plug it in and check ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes