GDR3 On HTC 8S - Self Rebooting issue

tarundhawan

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Has any HTC 8S user have installed GDR 3 on his device & is he getting self rebotting on his simless device.

After installing it has made my device useless & i dont have any otehr way to revert back.
Even after complete reset the same issue exists.

Any help is much appreciated

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi tarundhawan - Hard resets are carried out form the Settings screen then about then reset your phone.
Can you do that?
That's what I did following my GDR3 nightmare and all was restored satisfactorily.

tarundhawan

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Tried it all , Don't know what is the issue happening only with my GDR 3 updated DID that thrice but still keeps on rebooting on its own.
can any one help me to revert back to GDR2 in HTC

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Tried it all , Don't know what is the issue happening only with my GDR 3 updated DID that thrice but still keeps on rebooting on its own.
can any one help me to revert back to GDR2 in HTC

Two major reasons I didn't update, you cannot go back to GDR2 from GDR3 and you void your warranty (see below link). In other words if you are unlucky enough to end up in your situation, you've had it. Bad luck dude.

http://www.windowscentral.com/download-preview-developers-and-get-gdr3-right-now

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest bringing it it to HTC. Mine has been running perfectly fine with GDR3, with or without SIM.

Last edited:

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest bringing it it to HTC. Mine has been running perfectly fine with GDR3, with or without SIM.

You void any kind of warranty once you install GDR3, that is one of the conditions you agree to in the download process. It's not HTC's fault as you've put software on their product that they haven't approved yet.

@tarundhawan Worth a try but don't hold your breath.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo