Playlists sync broken.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Just a heads up to those who try to sync a Playlist from their PC to their phone running GDR3 via the Windows Phone Desktop program (with W8.1)... It doesn't work anymore if you use a microSD card to store your music and stuff.

I found that GRD3 finally puts the playlists on the microSD card (hidden folder at the root of the card). But if you use the WP Desktop program it puts the playlists in a hidden folder under Music on the phone storage. This breaks the Playlists pointers.

The workaround I found is to go back to using good old "Windows Media Player" and sync Playlists to the phone's SD card. But, if you create a playlist that contains files already on your SD card it will fail. You need to delete the existing files off your SD card prior to syncing.

Upon reflection this may have happened in GDR2. I hadn't tried to sync playlists in that update.

Last edited:

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I currently use WMP to sync my collection as well as playlists onto a micro SD card as well. I use smart playlists in WMP and I think if a song gets removed from the playlist, it is also removed from the device entirely. Is this true? and are there any ways to set it so it only gets removed from the playlist and not your device's music collection?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre