Does this definitely void my warranty?

mnika

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 925 on T-Mobile and downloaded the gddr3 preview as soon as it came out. I wasn't aware of any problems with my phone, so I didn't think too much of the warranty factor.

I've since discovered that I have a defective microphone on the 925. I can't record audio, use speaker phone, or any of the voice commands. And from watching some videos I shot before the update, I can conclude that the mic went bad before the update (there is no audio).

T-Mobile said they'd send me a replacement phone for a $5 fee if I wanted, but I didn't mention that I had updated the software. So, do we know for sure that this voids the warranty? And if so, would I be able to flash my phone back to the stock OS using the Nokia Software Updater?

Thanks in advance!

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
There is little mystery about this since Microsoft has said from the start it voids the warranty. TM may choose to be more relaxed but that is up to them. Some may not even run any tests, just swap and replace. If they choose to run diagnostics first, you are at carrier and OEM mercy so to speak. The fact is you are running a developer's previews on a consumer device, and you are presumably not a developer. It really is use at your own risk. Perhaps TM is different but I certainly wouldn't run that risk with VZW. They wanted to argue with me about a straight exchange of a defective 928 within the initial supposedly no hassle return period. This wasn't even a return, just an exchange. Same thing happened with a defective 822 out of the box.

mnika

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I talked to T-Mobile on the phone, and they offered to send me a replacement Lumia for a $5 service fee. If I were to do it, they'd send me a replacement in the mail, and then I'd have a week to send them my current phone. I have no idea if they check the phones or not. But I would assume they do. And I'm not sure what happens at the point. But I think it'd cost me a lot of money, lol.

Would it be possible to use the Nokia Software to flash back to the gdr2 software it came with?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes