GDR3 on a replacement phone?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

So I am getting a replacement windows phone through my carrier, and in order to upgrade the new phone to gdr3, do I need to remove my phone from my developer account or anything like that? Or can I just download the preview app and upgrade it just like my current phone?

I'm just hoping there is no restriction for "one phone only" and if I have to remove it from the old phone before being allowed to put it on the new one.

Thanks!

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Nope, you don't have to do anything else. What's your device?
If you're using Samsung ATIV S, to get the official GDR3 (Update 3) upgrade your CSC code, Customer Sales Code, must be ATO (Austria). But once you do that, you won't be able to use the trick to interop-unlock your phone and gain access to its registry and file system.

Upgrading to GDR3 Preview should be fine, but keep in mind that this update has a flaw that kind of bricks your phone if you do a hard reset. Hard resetting your phone on Update 3 Preview will end up with a black screen after welcome screen, you won't see no UI.

Mantraxalos

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Nope, you don't have to do anything else. What's your device?
If you're using Samsung ATIV S, to get the official GDR3 (Update 3) upgrade your CSC code, Customer Sales Code, must be ATO (Austria). But once you do that, you won't be able to use the trick to interop-unlock your phone and gain access to its registry and file system.

Upgrading to GDR3 Preview should be fine, but keep in mind that this update has a flaw that kind of bricks your phone if you do a hard reset. Hard resetting your phone on Update 3 Preview will end up with a black screen after welcome screen, you won't see no UI.

Unless the problem is samsung specific, i have gdr3 on the 1020 and have done multiple hard resets without any problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos