developer account without credit card

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
hello guys i signed up for dreamspark student account and got a code for wp8 developer account.when i tried to make account it ask for credit card,
but i dont have credit card infact no one in my family have credit card.
my sister has a debit card can i make account with a debit card??

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
If its a Visa or a Master card, then yes it can be used. Please note that you will be charged for registering your card. But don't worry. It'll be refunded after 3 months.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
WP_20140221_001.jpg
bro how can i verify my account later on as i wont get payment slip if i do it with a debit card?? it is written in the image right or i am getting it wrong?

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
The above is for credit cards. Now since you will be using a Debit card, you will just see the transaction details in the transaction summary. Also a similar transaction when your money is refunded. I wish I could post a screenshot of my account summary. But I can't do that.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The above is for credit cards. Now since you will be using a Debit card, you will just see the transaction details in the transaction summary. Also a similar transaction when your money is refunded. I wish I could post a screenshot of my account summary. But I can't do that.

transaction summary of what?? In my account or my sis bank account in her passbook??

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
guys i am getting this error

We can't authorize the payment method. Please make sure the information is correct, or use another payment method. If you continue to get this message, please contact your financial institution.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
bank of baroda and it is a atm *** debit card.
i checked developer community for this error there it was written this error occurs if that card is prepaid or pin security.
i think this is due to atm pin. :(

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
bank of baroda and it is a atm *** debit card.
i checked developer community for this error there it was written this error occurs if that card is prepaid or pin security.
i think this is due to atm pin. :(

No, I have a Citi debit card secured by PIN which works everywhere. Your sister needs to call her bank and get her card set up for online banking (Verified by Visa or Mastercard Securecode).

If the card is Maestro or Visa Electron, you're SOL.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
No, I have a Citi debit card secured by PIN which works everywhere. Your sister needs to call her bank and get her card set up for online banking (Verified by Visa or Mastercard Securecode).

If the card is Maestro or Visa Electron, you're SOL.

the card is visa electron.
and what is sol??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99