WP App Studio linking to youtube content

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I was playing around with Microsoft's app studio and came across the following issue. When linking Youtube video channel, a VEVO youtube channel of an artist creates an error that the file can't be played on the phone. No issues with linking non-VEVO youtube channel.
Any idea why this happens, can certain youtube channels have some restrictions on linking.

Also is it possible to create a link in App Studio to open content in another app [if its installed on the phone], e.g. linking to an artists page in the official VEVO app.

[disclaimer: I am new to App Studio and to developing my own apps.]

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not totally sure, but I am guessing from your description that VEVO might have an agreement in place with Google to limit the platforms that its content is viewable on (for example, a content creator might say that it doesn't want its content on youtube to be viewable from mobile devices). Google does give content creators this option (as much as we may dislike it).

I do know for sure that you can link to another app as long as you know its protocol and the information you need to get to the content within the app that you want. I'm not exactly sure, but you might have take your project from App Studio and edit and compile it in Visual Studio in order to do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss