porting of apps? is it possible?

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Simply put, an Android program will never work on Windows Phone out of the box. What those 2 resources do is try to help developers in trying to ease the transition in code from Android to Windows Phone.

Mohammad Arshad

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Here the term 'porting' refers to taking the functions of an iOS or Android app, and implementing the same functions in a WP8 app. As far as the app itself is concerned, it has to be written again from scratch. The 2 articles like Catholic Tech Geek says, help in easing the replication of the functions of Android/iOS apps into the WP8 app.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Here the term 'porting' refers to taking the functions of an iOS or Android app, and implementing the same functions in a WP8 app. As far as the app itself is concerned, it has to be written again from scratch. The 2 articles like Catholic Tech Geek says, help in easing the replication of the functions of Android/iOS apps into the WP8 app.
ok.

what i meant is to transfer various apps (informative apps or with very basic functionality) be converted to WP apps by a non-developer background like me.
i am nobody in programming. anyway, now i understood that, its really not that simple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro