Short survey for potential new Windows Store service

mnjoe

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I just took the survey, and I hate to rain on your parade but the questions lead me to believe you might be barking up the wrong tree. It sounds like you are proposing to provide some kind of service where you would pay developers EARLIER than they would otherwise get paid from the Windows store. At first blush, that sounds great, but thinking about it, I'm not seeing the benefit. We are a small dev shop, but have had some limited success with our applications. In the first few months, we had no money. But over time, the checks kept getting bigger and bigger, and even if the checks are 30-60 days old, they keep coming on a regular basis. We are getting paid from Pubcenter (advertising), the Windows 8 Store ( for app sales and IAP) and the Windows Phone Store (also for IAP and app sales). So in any given month, we are getting 3 different payments at 3 different times. So now, we are literally only a few days from getting one check or another. So while your service might accelerate those payments, it wouldn't be worth any percentage to us. We'd just as well wait a few days for the next check.

Sorry to be a downer, but maybe I've misread your intent. Either way, best of luck to you!

Laurent22

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your kind feedback and taking the time to reply and sharing your opinion. Our current target market focused on developers who have 1 main revenue stream – in-app purchases. In this scenario, they would be receive their revenues every 30-60 days and the frequency of the payments may not be necessarily predictable. With our solution, we hope to improve the working capital needs of the developers (for salaries as well as kick-starting of new projects)

However, you brought up some excellent points that we will think hard about before introducing a more refined solution into the market.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss