I will be developing a new Gmail client

Mohammad Arshad

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

After using Metro Mail for a bit, I am thinking of making my own Gmail client. So was wondering if you guys can help me answer some questions:

1) Is there any risk associate with using a Google apis on WP8 phones? For example, can google block access to an app on windows phone, just like they blocked access to Microsoft's youtube app? I assume the answer is no, since metro mail and metro tube are working just fine, but never the less still would like some input from you guys.

2) Alternatively, are there any pitfalls that I need to be aware off when submitting an app using Google services to the WP store? Don't think there should be an issue, but never the less like point 1, would like to get some input here too :)

3) If I keep the app free, will it be a good idea to make it add-supported? or will that effect user experience?

Thanks for the help,

Regards

Assad

P.S: I am an old WP8 user, but a new WP8 developer. Therefore I apologise if my questions seem mundane :)

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd strongly encourage you not to use ads. There isn't enough screen real estate to accommodate an ad plus all the text needed for a good email client. I'd much rather pay for the app up front.

​I wanted to like Metro Mail, but I just don't. I'd love to see a client much more like the native gmail app in Android / iOS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire