How to easily publish your games in the Brazilian WP and Windows 8 Store

GuilhermeManso

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi.

I am the guy that always ask developers to make their games available here in Brazil.
I decided to make a quick guide to help developers that are active here in the Foruns.

The process is really simple: all you need to do is:
- Have a PEGI or an ESRB to your games;
You can get a PEGI instantly (and free) here: https://wp-rating.pegi.eu/Games/Submit (you also can use it to publish in Russia)
You can get a ESRB instantly (and free) here: https://autoratingtool.esrb.org/ARTclient/Windows8Metro.aspx

- In the WP Dev Center choose Brazil as a country of distribuition of your game;
- Upload this certificate in the place of the brazilian one (DJCTQ);
- Select the age rate that matches your certificate ("L" is for "all ages").

You dont need to upload the whole game to do that. Just to the above instructions and send the same .xap and the game will be available here (and Russia) within one hour.

The process is the same for Windows 8/RT games.

Any doubts you can ask me here, on Twitter (@guilhermemanso) or in my email: guilhermemanso at outlook dot com.

Thanks for you attention.

Last edited:

GuilhermeManso

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
It would be great if any moderator could leave this post as fixed! Would really help us Brazilians (and our Russian friends) and especially developers, which could thus reach a much larger audience.

Mark section

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Bro you moved me. Even i am not from your count(i am from India). I will send request to all devas to release app in brazil..

Sent from my MIND

egmolio

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks for this post! Had to go check my apps details to see if i had infact missed brazil/russia (which would have been lame since my game is localized in Russian/Spanish. I had indeed remembered this little hint but i had forgotten Taiwan (self reported one, no cert needed) =)

GuilhermeManso

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Developers, please take notice of this!! Brazil is a huge market for games!! Actually is, by Microsoft numbers, the forth biggest countries by app downloads in the WP and Windows 8 Store.

I am pretty sure is worth while to publish here.

Vaipa

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
You know, there is a problem with Brasil. I don't know if you're aware, but most developers, especially the ones coming from Android are really allergic to Brazil.
Here's how things go in Brazil for other platforms and other poor countries (please don't get offended): people download a game, rate it 3 stars or less automatically, without even starting the app. They never increase their rating, complain a lot, and the only monetization you get to have are ads. If your game doesn't have ads, publishing in Brazil means you're just shooting yourself in the foot.

On the Android marketplace the biggest mistake any small developer can make is to publish in Brazil, because it just means they get screwed out of their chance to have the game featured (which requires 4 stars and above). On Windows Phone things are (thankfully) a bit different, but not by much. That's why I can empathize with any developers that forsake countries with poor uneducated masses .. they have to survive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05