08-22-2015 08:38 AM
29 12
tools
    Hi.

I am the guy that always ask developers to make their games available here in Brazil.
    I decided to make a quick guide to help developers that are active here in the Foruns.

The process is really simple: all you need to do is:
    - Have a PEGI or an ESRB to your games;
    You can get a PEGI instantly (and free) here: https://wp-rating.pegi.eu/Games/Submit (you also can use it to publish in Russia)
    You can get a ESRB instantly (and free) here: https://autoratingtool.esrb.org/ARTc...ows8Metro.aspx

- In the WP Dev Center choose Brazil as a country of distribuition of your game;
    - Upload this certificate in the place of the brazilian one (DJCTQ);
    - Select the age rate that matches your certificate ("L" is for "all ages").

You dont need to upload the whole game to do that. Just to the above instructions and send the same .xap and the game will be available here (and Russia) within one hour.

The process is the same for Windows 8/RT games.

Any doubts you can ask me here, on Twitter (@guilhermemanso) or in my email: guilhermemanso at outlook dot com.

Thanks for you attention.
    Last edited by GuilhermeManso; 05-26-2014 at 11:00 AM.
    FBirraque, maxche and navaren like this.
    03-10-2014 12:33 PM
    It would be great if any moderator could leave this post as fixed! Would really help us Brazilians (and our Russian friends) and especially developers, which could thus reach a much larger audience.
    03-10-2014 12:34 PM
    Bro you moved me. Even i am not from your count(i am from India). I will send request to all devas to release app in brazil..

Sent from my MIND
    03-13-2014 11:39 AM
    Thanks a lot Mark!!

Hope more people can see that and also can help me like you.
    03-18-2014 02:30 PM
    Hi. Can someone in the WP Central crew make this thread fixed? I think it will help. Thanks.
    05-08-2014 09:35 PM
    Hi. Can someone in the WP Central crew make this thread fixed? I think it will help. Thanks.
    Contact Paul Acevedo and ask him to write an article on this. It will get enough exposure for several indie Devs who is not aware to publish their work is Brazil.
    05-09-2014 01:30 AM
    Paul already did that last year.
    05-09-2014 08:16 AM
    Devs: Brazil needs your games!! :)
    05-26-2014 10:57 AM
    Hey devs!!
    Please read this!!
    I can help you. Just contact me.
    07-10-2014 02:16 PM
    Hey!! Please developers: take a note. Is sooooo easy to make your games available here. And Brazil is a hugeeeee market for them.
    08-05-2014 08:58 AM
    Hey devs!!

Please, please, please: take note!! Make your games available here!! Brazil is a HUGE market!! The third one for Windows Phone...
    08-13-2014 10:51 AM
    Hey thanks for this post! Had to go check my apps details to see if i had infact missed brazil/russia (which would have been lame since my game is localized in Russian/Spanish. I had indeed remembered this little hint but i had forgotten Taiwan (self reported one, no cert needed) =)
    08-14-2014 01:30 AM
    Hey. Witch apps/games are yours?
    08-14-2014 07:49 AM
    Thanks for the tips. I've pushed an update to Gun Frenzy using your tips. Hopefully, it'll work.
    GuilhermeManso likes this.
    08-19-2014 07:37 AM
    Thanks for the tips. I've pushed an update to Gun Frenzy using your tips. Hopefully, it'll work.
    Oh, thanks!!! Please let me know when the game be available here. I can share the news with brazilian blogs. :)
    WaveLightGames likes this.
    08-19-2014 07:44 AM
    Thanks ... it's available now. I also just pushed an update that provides all levels for free. No longer have to pay to access levels 8 and onwards. Game's completely free. Here's the link: Gun Frenzy | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    08-29-2014 10:43 AM
    Thanks, it was helpful for us and we've released our first game in Brazil.
    09-01-2014 07:45 AM
    Ahh, great! I thank you.
    09-01-2014 04:34 PM
    Developers, please take notice of this!! Brazil is a huge market for games!! Actually is, by Microsoft numbers, the forth biggest countries by app downloads in the WP and Windows 8 Store.

I am pretty sure is worth while to publish here.
    10-22-2014 09:52 AM
    You know, there is a problem with Brasil. I don't know if you're aware, but most developers, especially the ones coming from Android are really allergic to Brazil.
    Here's how things go in Brazil for other platforms and other poor countries (please don't get offended): people download a game, rate it 3 stars or less automatically, without even starting the app. They never increase their rating, complain a lot, and the only monetization you get to have are ads. If your game doesn't have ads, publishing in Brazil means you're just shooting yourself in the foot.

On the Android marketplace the biggest mistake any small developer can make is to publish in Brazil, because it just means they get screwed out of their chance to have the game featured (which requires 4 stars and above). On Windows Phone things are (thankfully) a bit different, but not by much. That's why I can empathize with any developers that forsake countries with poor uneducated masses .. they have to survive.
    10-27-2014 06:08 PM
    Thanks for the info
    10-29-2014 04:29 PM
    Thanks for the info
    You are welcome.

Please let me know when you make your games available here so I can spread the news.
    10-30-2014 07:57 AM
    Hi. Please devs: take a look in my post. Is a pretty simple process and Brazil is a huge Market.
    03-18-2015 08:52 AM
    Hello Guilherme . Let me know if my game is available on your WIndows Phone Store
    Dino Run - Dinosty | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    03-20-2015 12:33 AM
    I just cheked and is not available.
    Did you follow my tips?? You need to upload a PEGI or ESRB certificate in the place of the brazilian one (DJCTQ) and after "check" Brazil in the countries for distribuition list that is localized in other page inside the Dev Center.
    03-20-2015 08:48 AM
29 12