Frustrated...

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I was going to be on a trip and figured I would have time to play with this.
So I've spent the last week off and on creating a VM instance on my Win7 PC. (Took me a few tries since I kept sizing the VHD too small.)
Then I D/L the SDK and all the Win8 emulators.
Then I patched everything and made sure EVERYTHING was current and up to date.
I was going to be on a trip and figured I would have time to play with this.
FINALLY got some free time to play with it and ran through the builtin tutorial. Everything was going well and then I got to a section where I start to insert code. BAM! Error! Error! Error!

I thought I did exactly what they said in the tutorial and even used the "Copy" link in the sample to copy the code exactly. I THOUGHT I was inserting it in the correct place in the .XAML file and/or .CS file. DANG IT!!

Talk about hitting a brick wall. Are there other resources, maybe a Youtube video on how to create your first app? I thought I read there was a YouTube channel somewhere? Any help is appreciated. Thanks all!

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I need a bit more information from you. First, which version of Visual Studio are you trying to work with? Which SDK did you download? Next, which tutorial are we talking about? If you could give me a link to the tutorial, that would be helpful.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
There was an SDK install package on XDA specifically for W7 to enable Dev Unlock. I used it before I upgraded to x64 Win8.1. I'm having a feeling this might be it.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I need a bit more information from you. First, which version of Visual Studio are you trying to work with? Which SDK did you download? Next, which tutorial are we talking about? If you could give me a link to the tutorial, that would be helpful.

The latest one from the website, 2013 IIRC.
Windows Phone 8 SDK IIRC.
It's the tutorial that come with 2013. The one titled "Creating your first application".
I'm waiting for a flight or else I would fire up my laptop. Sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans