Windows Phone 8.1 SDK is UP!

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Developers grab the WP8.1 SDK and develop top notch apps for all of us to enjoy ! i'm sure the new SDK will make your work much more easier than before, I suppose.....

On second thoughts without having WP8.1 how are the devs going to test their apps?

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Developers grab the WP8.1 SDK and develop top notch apps for all of us to enjoy ! i'm sure the new SDK will make your work much more easier than before, I suppose.....

On second thoughts without having WP8.1 how are the devs going to test their apps?

They can run them via the WP 8.1 emulator. I was playing around with the emulator just to see how things (keyboard, notification center, Cortana etc) looked, and worked in person.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I've downloaded VS for windows express 2013 and installed fine, but I can't seem to download the emulators. when I run the download manager it does nothing. when I open VS the emulators are listed but when I use them I get a message saying the VHD file does not exist which I assume is because I haven't downloaded them. I've tried and tried but can't get them to download. anyone else having this issue?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The SDK is part of VS2013 install. You'll have to check the checkbox for phone development before the install starts. When you install update 2 (RC), it will install the phone 8.1 SDK and emulators. If you didn't do this, you may need to rerun the VS install and add those features. When you create a phone project and hit F5, it'll start the emulator.

filfat

Banned
Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Yep :smile:, Also, i would just like to report that the
Code:
Geolocator geolocator = new Geolocator();
Geoposition position = await geolocator.GetGeopositionAsync().AsTask();
position.Coordinate.(Longitude/Latitude)
is now unsupported and replaced by:
Code:
Geolocator geolocator = new Geolocator();
Geoposition position = await geolocator.GetGeopositionAsync().AsTask();
position.Coordinate.Point.Position.(Longitude/Latitude)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I installed once this RC and forced to fully reinstall Visual Studio later because of bugs. WP 8.1 SDk only two emulators work for me, the rest give error "Unsupported screen size" or something like this.

Microsoft made biggest mistake to introduce new WP 8.1 and not giving it right after that to everyone and do not release stable SDK! I think most of people will receive update at the end of this year! This is fail as Samsung at that point will replicate every good part of 8.1! :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa